Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Welcome to the CollectiveAccess support forum! Here the developers and community answer questions related to use of the software. Please include the following information in every new issue posted here:

  1. Version of the software that is used, along with browser and version

  2. If the issue pertains to Providence, Pawtucket or both

  3. What steps you’ve taken to try to resolve the issue

  4. Screenshots demonstrating the issue

  5. The relevant sections of your installation profile or configuration including the codes and settings defined for your local elements.


If your question pertains to data import or export, please also include:

  1. Data sample

  2. Your mapping


Answers may be delayed for posts that do not include sufficient information.

Data Import Errors

edited March 19 in Troubleshooting

During the data import, after new records are successfully processed, a series of errors begins to appear with the same text:
Could not insert new record for object: Type must be specified.

A php error also reads to the side of the site:
Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /collectiveaccess/app/public_html/admin/vendor/phpoffice/phpexcel/Classes/PHPExcel/Shared/Date.php on line 140

Which relates to this section of code:

The records seem to be fine although occasionally entities are not mapping correctly. Instead of relating to a record with the same identifier, a new record is created.

Any insight would be appreciated!

Comments

  • Please upload a copy of your mapping, a data sample and relevant parts of your configuration, and we'll take a look.

  • You need to add a type in the settings section. The type_id mapping you have will trump but you need to set a default here.

    Also, your mapping to type_id includes some original values/replacement values but doesn't include a type that's included in the data sample ("text"). Is this because the type code matches exactly? Are you sure there are no other values that need to be mapped via replacement values?

  • Ah, I see. I added the type_id default to 'text' and the error message stopped appearing, though when I import, it says nearly triple the number of records have processed (29 instead of 10), and a dozen records with [BLANK] in the title are created. 'Text' is the exact type code and we actually match the type code in our spreadsheets now, so I don't think the original/replacement values are even necessary?

    Some good news (I think), I found that the php error was a result of 'local' in the source setting column instead of 'creation,' and now it isn't appearing.

    Lastly, I think something is wrong with our entities settings because they are not matching with pre-existing records:

    { "delimiter": ";", "relationshipType": "^10", "relationshipTypeDefault":"artist", "entityType": "person"}

    Thank you for your help on this.

  • The blanks are likely a product of blank rows in your Excel file that are being interpreted as data. Try copying just the relevant rows and pasting them into a new spreadsheet.

    Re: matching existing entities, be sure to use the matchOn parameter within the splitter

  • Thank you, I'm not sure why that started to become an issue but that resolved it. I'll look into our matchOn settings.

Sign In or Register to comment.