Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Welcome to the CollectiveAccess support forum! Here the developers and community answer questions related to use of the software. Please include the following information in every new issue posted here:

1. Version of the software that is used, along with browser and version

2. If the issue pertains to Providence, Pawtucket or both

3. What steps you’ve taken to try to resolve the issue

4. Screenshots demonstrating the issue

5. The relevant sections of your installation profile or configuration including the codes and settings defined for your local elements.

If your question pertains to data import or export, please also include:

1. Data sample

2. Your mapping

Answers may be delayed for posts that do not include sufficient information.

Problem with upgrade to Providence 1.7.7

edited March 29 in Installation

I am attempting to upgrade my working Providence 1.7.6 to 1.7.7.

I extracted the 1.7.7.tar.gz to the same home directory, in my server, where my CA root directory exists (and named it 'new'). I copied my old setup.php to the root of 'new'. I then cloned the old media directory to new/media . I checked 'app/conf/local' and 'app/printTemplates' and they appear identical in both versions.

I then renamed my CA root directory ('CA') to 'CA-old' and the 'new' directory to 'CA'.

I now get this message when attempting to login:
Warning: require_once(/var/www/html/CA/app/lib/Zend/Loader.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/CA/app/lib/Zend/Translate.php on line 25

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/var/www/html/CA/app/lib/Zend/Loader.php' (include_path='/var/www/html/CA/vendor/pear/archive_tar:/var/www/html/CA/vendor/pear/console_getopt:/var/www/html/CA/vendor/pear/file_marc:/var/www/html/CA/vendor/pear/pear-core-minimal/src:/var/www/html/CA/vendor/pear/pear_exception:/var/www/html/CA/app/lib/ca:/var/www/html/CA/app/lib/core:/var/www/html/CA/app/models:.:/usr/share/php') in /var/www/html/CA/app/lib/Zend/Translate.php on line 25

Is this an issue with my Ubuntu server's $PATH variable? My current $PATH in defined in /etc/environment , and reads: “PATH="/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games:/usr/local/games:/home/local/bin"

If my problem is here, how should this be defined?

Comments

• Just in case look into your setup.php, as compared to the current setup.php-dist. You probably still have a set_include_path(...); line left over from before the setup.php-dist cleanup of about a year ago. With the 1.7.7 changes to the lib directory structure, some leftovers are no longer harmless. The README sort of hints at these issues, but in view of our experiences a sterner warning might be called for!

• Thank you. I thought I had read that the old setup.php files were compatible between 1.7.6 and 1.7.7. Once I populated the newer setup.php-dist templates with my own specific variables, and placed them as 'setup.php', I was able to get to the database update screen and then finished my upgrade.

• Did you get warnings after cleanup? Isn't the definition of CA_CACHE_FILEPATH in setup.php-dist in terms of CA_APP_DIR (defined in post-setup.php) out of sequence? Commenting it out triggers the same definition in post-setup.php, in good order.

• I haven't explored CA too deeply, so I have never enabled any of the caching options. My re-edit of the Providence 1.7.7 setup.php-dist was only the minimal changes I carried over from the 1.7.6 working version. I saw no warnings related to CA_CACHE_FILEPATH or CA_APP_DIR.
    Of course, Pawtucket 1.7.7 users need to remember to similarly edit a setup.php from the provided setup.php-dist version of Pawtucket. The last steps to finish was to create a symlink from Providence's 'media' directory to Pawtucket, and then copying my custom template theme to /pawtucket/themes. As of now, it seems I am fully upgraded and functional.