Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Welcome to the CollectiveAccess support forum! Here the developers and community answer questions related to use of the software. Please include the following information in every new issue posted here:

1. Version of the software that is used, along with browser and version

2. If the issue pertains to Providence, Pawtucket or both

3. What steps you’ve taken to try to resolve the issue

4. Screenshots demonstrating the issue

5. The relevant sections of your installation profile or configuration including the codes and settings defined for your local elements.

If your question pertains to data import or export, please also include:

1. Data sample

2. Your mapping

Answers may be delayed for posts that do not include sufficient information.

Lightbox display not working in Providence 1.7.7

I am unable to use the lightbox feature to inspect images in Providence 1.7.7, after upgrading from a working 1.7.6 installation. The thumbnails (in the object record) display correctly, but when I click to view the full image, the screen dims, presents the controls, footer and zoom slider, but that is it. There is no spinning icon and the display never completes. The incomplete lightbox does close properly when commanded.

This installation also has a Pawtucket2 1.7.7 upgrade, and the lightbox view seems to work ok there.

I have installed a new Providence/Pawtucket2 1.7.6 installation on this same server, for regression testing. The lightbox feature in Providence 1.7.6 still works properly. I did a configuration check on both installs, and they report identically, except for 3 missing plugins in 1.7.7 .

This is a live system, so I appreciate the support and hope there is an easy solution. Thanks.

Comments

• I have also noticed that both the 1.7.6 and 1.7.7 versions display the 'Pan' and 'Show/Hide Annotations' in red color. In 1.7.6, the image's lightbox display zooms correctly, but any attempt to use the red icons results in the following error:
    /CA/index.php/Detail/GetMediaOverlay/context//id/2/representation_id/2/overlay/1

A left mouse pan on the displayed image begins to move the image, but then reports the same error.