Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Welcome to the CollectiveAccess support forum! Here the developers and community answer questions related to use of the software. Please include the following information in every new issue posted here:

1. Version of the software that is used, along with browser and version

2. If the issue pertains to Providence, Pawtucket or both

3. What steps you’ve taken to try to resolve the issue

4. Screenshots demonstrating the issue

5. The relevant sections of your installation profile or configuration including the codes and settings defined for your local elements.

If your question pertains to data import or export, please also include:

1. Data sample

2. Your mapping

Answers may be delayed for posts that do not include sufficient information.

Unable to change and save access roles - type level access in Providence

Hey,

I am unsure of what happened but suddenly the User Group for cataloguers has had almost all of their Access Roles dropped to "No access" under the Type tab. When I change the access role with an Admin account to read/edit and save, the access reverts to no access. There are a few types that still read/edit and I can switch back and forth on those without issue, but the majority are stuck on no access. The only recent change to the Access Roles was to give access to the Widgets, type level access control had been working well previously. When I give a new User Group access to create/edit those fields, such as Researchers, access to certain types are automatically taken away. For the Admin account there are certain Metadata facets that are likewise stuck under "No access". Similar issues happen when new Access Roles are created.

Removing type level access in app.conf, restores access for cataloguers but metadata restrictions for Admin are still stuck.

Providence 1.7.7

Thanks