Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Welcome to the CollectiveAccess support forum! Here the developers and community answer questions related to use of the software. Please include the following information in every new issue posted here:

1. Version of the software that is used, along with browser and version

2. If the issue pertains to Providence, Pawtucket or both

3. What steps you’ve taken to try to resolve the issue

4. Screenshots demonstrating the issue

5. The relevant sections of your installation profile or configuration including the codes and settings defined for your local elements.

If your question pertains to data import or export, please also include:

1. Data sample

2. Your mapping

Answers may be delayed for posts that do not include sufficient information.

Plugin for visually impaired

Does anyone know if there is a plugin for the visually impaired that allows you to zoom, change the font size, contrast and color variation, or voice synthesis reading (infovox, ivox,...)? Because I read on "Idee Culture" (http://www.ideesculture.com/collectiveaccess-ergonomie-et-fonctionnalites/?fbclid=IwAR0lHvOAVipdkuEvrduJgi6ICyH5408l9xoVoPzy8nDUmSmG0U5SS9fNM0) that "plugin activation for audio comments and screen reader is available" someone knows the name of the plugin and knows where I can find it and where to put it in the directory? Thank you in advance

Comments

• Hi Hélène,

With the entire phrase in french it's to be heard as plugins for the browser : "CollectiveAccess est une application full-web et présente les possibilités offertes par le navigateur internet : zoom, taille de la police, variation du contraste et des couleurs, et pour certains [navigateurs web] l'activation de plugins pour les commentaires audio et lecteur d'écran.".

There is no such plugin for CA, but let's have a synthesis of what's available for disabled users, in or out of CA :

I've been working in the past 10 years with library collections inside visually or hearing impaired organizations (INJS = french national institute for hearing impaired people, GIAA = parisian intellectual association for blind and amblyop people, etc.)

If it is about WCAG accessibility scores, that is much more a go-to list depending on WCAG testers.

What are your targets for visually impaired browse experience ?
    I will be happy to share here some direct experience feedbacks.

Gautier