Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Welcome to the CollectiveAccess support forum! Here the developers and community answer questions related to use of the software. Please include the following information in every new issue posted here:

1. Version of the software that is used, along with browser and version

2. If the issue pertains to Providence, Pawtucket or both

3. What steps you’ve taken to try to resolve the issue

4. Screenshots demonstrating the issue

5. The relevant sections of your installation profile or configuration including the codes and settings defined for your local elements.

If your question pertains to data import or export, please also include:

1. Data sample

2. Your mapping

Answers may be delayed for posts that do not include sufficient information.

library function Use history

We use location tracking in workflow mode to keep track of the objects.
The organisation has a collection of works for in house art lending.
We would prefer (for sake of simplicity for the users) to use the library module for the art lending.
The users have an office where they put the work in.
I have made a relationship between the user and an entity (with the same name) wich has a relation to a storage location (being their office)
Is there a way we can track the location of the object using location tracking (or the new history tracking)
This would be helpful in keeping track of all the objects trough the whole organisation.
It would work using loan in and loan out, but the user would have to fill out a far more complicated form.

I have tried using the table ca_object_checkouts in locatin tracking, but it appears not to work because it is not a primary table.
Is there a workaround?

Comments

• Library check in/check out needs to be enabled in the configuration files before it will perform in your system. Have you done that? https://docs.collectiveaccess.org/wiki/Library_Circulation

With the new history tracking you could create an entity use history and display the office locations of those entities in the history stream, but we don't support in-direct relationship triangulation in the new history tracking feature.

• Hello Julia,

We have Library check in/check out enabled in the conf files.
    Checking in/out works fine as such.

I have set up a simpler UI for lenders to make use of loan in/out that might work, making use of the relation between the entity and the storage location.
    User/entity now has to only fill in loan period and entity relation to the loan to register the object location due to the loan (in the entity's office for the period of the loan)
    The issue here would be the lack of the reservation function in the library module.

I will try on the possibilities making use of the entity use history, but if I understand you correctly you can not track the objects location this way.

One more related issue: We now register the loan period as a date range. For the users it would be simpler to use a start_loan_date and an end_loan_date (Two separate fields within a container) could that work for registering the date range of the loan?
    In that case the user would just have to fill in the end_loan_date to end the loan. (after end_loan_date the object would return to the previous location)

• History tracking doesn't include any reservation functionality and you are correct, you can not track object locations through an entity related to a storage location.

We only recognize a single date field within history tracking so unfortunately it would have to be a single range in a container.

• Hello Julia,

Thanks, clear, they will have to get used to it (the dates)