Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Welcome to the CollectiveAccess support forum! Here the developers and community answer questions related to use of the software. Please include the following information in every new issue posted here:

1. Version of the software that is used, along with browser and version

2. If the issue pertains to Providence, Pawtucket or both

3. What steps you’ve taken to try to resolve the issue

4. Screenshots demonstrating the issue

5. The relevant sections of your installation profile or configuration including the codes and settings defined for your local elements.

If your question pertains to data import or export, please also include:

1. Data sample

2. Your mapping

Answers may be delayed for posts that do not include sufficient information.

Providence 1.7.8 hangs without message during installation (default profile - Visual ressources)

Hi,
I'm new to Providence and am installing a new db.
I have started the process twice and each time it just hung without any message.
Anyone got an idea?
Rgds, Patrick.

My system is a linux fedora 29, Providence 1.7.8, PHP 7.2.17, Mariadb 10.3.12

Here are the DB stats.

Collation utf8_unicode_ci
Tables 224
Rows 12,854
Data 5.9 MiB
Indexes 13.6 MiB
Total 19.5 MiB
Overhead 0 B

Comments

• Hi,
    No matter what I do (multiple re-installations later, for each and every profile, I have the same issue. It seems to be coming from a piece of code in Installer at line 1257 public function processRelationshipTypes() where an embedded list of data from ca_list is looped with an inner join on ca_list_items and ca_list_item_labels. These tables are populated but the function does not seem to complete as messages "Processing relationship types for table %1" are not issued. It does not "feel" like a collectiveaccess providence issue, as no profiles work at all. It could be an environment issue (mariadb or php), but I have no idea where to start.
    Thanks for your help.

• Hi,
    It seems that the problem originates in apache's mod_fcgid due to a proxy timeout.
    This is the only error I have been able to trace.
    However I still have not been able to solve the issue at hand though.
    So still stuck. Anyone have any ideas ?

• Hoorah !! I have finally solved the issue.
    As expected, it had nothing to do with Providence.
    Changed the Timeout and ProxyTimeout directives in httpd.conf and restarted the service and the installation completed successfully.
    Sorry for all the bother. I'll leave the issue on the board for pleople looking for that type of issue.
    Regards, Patrick.

• Maybe try and up the timeout value? Or run the installer on the command line.