Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Welcome to the CollectiveAccess support forum! Here the developers and community answer questions related to use of the software. Please include the following information in every new issue posted here:

1. Version of the software that is used, along with browser and version

2. If the issue pertains to Providence, Pawtucket or both

3. What steps you’ve taken to try to resolve the issue

4. Screenshots demonstrating the issue

5. The relevant sections of your installation profile or configuration including the codes and settings defined for your local elements.

If your question pertains to data import or export, please also include:

1. Data sample

2. Your mapping

Answers may be delayed for posts that do not include sufficient information.

source_info modified at every access

edited April 30 in Troubleshooting

Hallo. I', working with CA

Componente Versione
Versione dell'applicazione 1.7.8
Revisione dello schema 158
Tipo di rilascio RELEASE
System GUID 9ee81fbd-c5f2-438b-9de2-8322e681e074
Last change log ID 101

and EVERY time an object is accessed, a "Modified Source Information" log entry is added, and the field ca_objects.source_info grows, until locking the object record itself, due to its length.

Any hint to fix this?

Thank you

Giovanni

Comments

• Please file a JIRA for this? It's sounds like a bug.

• Done. Thanks.

• I don't see this happening at all. Where are you seeing this information added? Are you sure it's being placed in ca_objects.source_info ? (There are source_info fields in other tables, including most relationship "x" tables). What does the content of the field look like?

• Hallo @seth , I am a colleague of Giovanni. From the attached image you can see the problem of the log growing continuously, every time an object is accessed.
    Thank you.

• This doesn't happen on my test systems. So what are you doing when these changes are triggered? Just opening the record? Saving? Is this happening when you perform an action in the UI? Or are you scripting things?

• Just opening a record in edit mode (any screen), even without saving.

• Do you have any additional plugins installed? Like Prepopulate?

• Yes. We have enabled the PrePopulate plugin. By disabling this plugin the problem does not occur.

• Seth, is there anything to set in prepopulate.conf to avoid that issue? Or otherwise? Thank you. GB
  • I have no idea. Now that I have an idea as to what might be causing the behavior you're seeing I'll try to reproduce and fix.

• Thank you very much. I'll also will take a look.