Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Welcome to the CollectiveAccess support forum! Here the developers and community answer questions related to use of the software. Please include the following information in every new issue posted here:

1. Version of the software that is used, along with browser and version

2. If the issue pertains to Providence, Pawtucket or both

3. What steps you’ve taken to try to resolve the issue

4. Screenshots demonstrating the issue

5. The relevant sections of your installation profile or configuration including the codes and settings defined for your local elements.

If your question pertains to data import or export, please also include:

1. Data sample

2. Your mapping

Answers may be delayed for posts that do not include sufficient information.

Media import not working when __CA_QUEUE_ENABLED__ set to 1 in providence v. 1.7.8

edited May 15 in Troubleshooting

Seth, we are having a seriuos issue with media import with providence v.1.7.8:
when CA_QUEUE_ENABLED is set to 1 in setup.php, tilepics and thumbnails are generated uncorrectly.

Such issue does not occur in v. 1.7.6.

We made tests with "out of box" Providence versions, Dublin Core metadata sets.

Please help!

Giovanni

Comments

• Here attached an example of the same image loaded synchronoulsy and in background. You can see that in the latter the image is a single tile.

Any hint? This is really a big issue!

Thank you

Giovanni

• It's fixed in the latest develop code.

• Any specific module to look for?

• Perfect! Thank you!!!

• Hi Seth - is there a particular git commit that relates to this fix. I've browsed a bit in the develop branch but didn't stumble on a description that matched. I'd prefer to "hotfix" my production system with the updated files for this particular issue rather than deploy the develop branch. I see there is also a 1.7.9 release candidate out there - is that solid enough to deploy on a live site?

• Hi! I'm having the same problem when uploading large TIFF files and having them process in the background. Thumbnail images appear blurry... How did you solve this problem? I have Providence 1.7.8 installed downloaded August 11 2019.

• The file involved is providence\app\lib\Plugins\TaskQueueHandlers\mediaproc.php

You have to move the lines 221-225
    if (!$o_media->read($vs_input_file)) {
    $this->error->setError(1600, _t("Could not process input media file '%1': %2", $vs_input_file, join('; ', $o_media->getErrors())),"mediaproc->process()");
    $o_media->cleanup();
    return false;
    }

inside the following foreach

foreach($va_versions as $v => $va_version_settings) {
    $vs_use_icon = null;
    if (!$o_media->read($vs_input_file)) {
    $this->error->setError(1600, _t("Could not process input media file '%1': %2", $vs_input_file, join('; ', $o_media->getErrors())),"mediaproc->process()");
    $o_media->cleanup();
    return false;
    }
    $vs_rule = isset($va_version_info[$v]['RULE']) ? $va_version_info[$v]['RULE'] : '';
    $va_rules = $o_media_proc_settings->getMediaTransformationRule($vs_rule);
    $va_volume_info = $o_media_volumes->getVolumeInformation($va_version_settings['VOLUME']);

Good luck!

Giovanni

• Thanks, Giovanni!

• Thank you Giovanni @gjerdery , for the quick reply! It's working now! :)