Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Welcome to the CollectiveAccess support forum! Here the developers and community answer questions related to use of the software. Please include the following information in every new issue posted here:

1. Version of the software that is used, along with browser and version

2. If the issue pertains to Providence, Pawtucket or both

3. What steps you’ve taken to try to resolve the issue

4. Screenshots demonstrating the issue

5. The relevant sections of your installation profile or configuration including the codes and settings defined for your local elements.

If your question pertains to data import or export, please also include:

1. Data sample

2. Your mapping

Answers may be delayed for posts that do not include sufficient information.

Relation Editor for an Entity shows up blank (last update)

witwit
edited June 3 in Troubleshooting

Hello Team!

First: Thank you for the April update, which completely eliminated the token bug. We suffered a lot from it.

After this update, we had to modify many configurations again. Everything, except one last thing, is found and fixed.

Problem: After the April update, our relation editor no longer displays any content.

Description: After establishing a relationship between an entity and an object, we use a relationship editor to define additional information for that relationship. We're reaching this editor window via the small clip symbol behind the name of the object/entity in the relationship screen (see first screenshot).

Concrete example: We have a film as an object and a human being as an entity. After establishing the relationship, we define which role the human being has in the film. For example, he is a director, actor or writer etc.

This editor window will only be displayed blank (see second screenshot) after the April update.

Have you any idea, where I can find the responsive setting?

Kind regards,
Chris

Comments

• We haven't seen any regressions like this in the systems we test with or support. My first guess would be to check the type restrictions on the editor configuration.

• witwit
    edited June 4

Hello seth,

I'm pretty sure the cause is in the configuration files.

The relationship editors worked flawlessly until April for nearly a year (we've included every patch in the time). In the April patch, many customizations were overridden. While I managed to restore all the other stuff, I can not remember which was the related setting file and the configuration setting for relationship editors.

To rule out other causes:

1. overview

2. the related "hasagent" ui

3. the screen from the "hasagent" ui

Can you point me to the right configuration file?

Thank you in advance!

• When you save "overridden" what do you mean? Did you overwrite a configuration file?

• Yes, exactly.

• To be clear: No configuration "in" collective access (as admin in the web-ui) was overridden.

• Hi Team,

the update from April '19 wanted to override the following files:

error: Your local changes to the following files would be overwritten by merge:
    app/conf/app.conf
    app/conf/browse.conf
    app/conf/global.conf
    app/conf/navigation.conf
    app/plugins/prepopulate/conf/prepopulate.conf

I took a backup (in files (copy the folder) and container (copy the lxc machine). Then I compared the files and transferred or adapted the necessary changes for the functionality.

After I did this, the relationship editor ui is blank. This is a heavy problem :-/
    Do you have any idea?

• witwit
    edited June 12

Steps to reproduce from admin perspective

Administration > Relationship Types:
    * Add zz_TestUI under object <-> entity relationships without any further settings

Administration > Metadata Elements:
    * Add Container zz_TestUI_Container
    * Bind attribute to: object <-> entity relationships and choose zz_TestUI
    * check include subtypes
    * Create subelement: zz_TestUI_Container_Sub as Datatype text without any further settings

Administration > User Interfaces:
    *Create new UI _zz_TestUI_
    * Type restrictions: _zz_TestUI_
    * Is system UI?: Yes
    * Screens: Basic with Element _zz_TestUI_Container_ from Object <-> entity relationship (no further settings)

and from User perspective:
    * Then Ive created a new object and a new entity (personal)
    * Ive linked them via relationships screen and have choosen the created zz_TestUI relation type
    * Now I want to access the Relation Editor via the small paperclip symbol and the quick edit window is showing up (as an overlay)

Expected: There has to be my container with the textbox-element from above. But it is blank.