Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Welcome to the CollectiveAccess support forum! Here the developers and community answer questions related to use of the software. Please include the following information in every new issue posted here:

  1. Version of the software that is used, along with browser and version

  2. If the issue pertains to Providence, Pawtucket or both

  3. What steps you’ve taken to try to resolve the issue

  4. Screenshots demonstrating the issue

  5. The relevant sections of your installation profile or configuration including the codes and settings defined for your local elements.


If your question pertains to data import or export, please also include:

  1. Data sample

  2. Your mapping


Answers may be delayed for posts that do not include sufficient information.

Displaying Object Related Entity Relationship Type

Using Ubuntu 16.04, Providence 1.7.6 Schema 153. I have seen a similar problem raised on this forum but could not find a solution. I have entered two related entities into my database, one as Granger 'bequeather' an one as Vicki 'accessioner'. They appear like this - Acquisition Source -Granger (bequeather) and Accessioner - Vicky (accessioner)
My Summary Display has Object Related Entities as an Item to Display and the Display Format is set to ^ca_entities.preferred_labels (^relationship_typename)
When I open the summary page I get the following result -Granger (was created by) -- Vicky (was created by). So I am getting the correct names but incorrect relationship type on both cases.
Any suggestions on how to fix this would be appreciated.

Comments

  • Further to the above I installed Providence 1.7.8 and was getting a similar result as above. I tried removing the Display Format in my Summary Display and also added some more relationships to my test object. if I select "Relationships" on my editor screen all relationships are shown as correct -

    Related entities
    Sort by
    W. Smith (bequeather) Vicky M (accessioner) Brown (documenter) Green (digitiser)
    but when I go to the Summary Screen I get the following-

    Related Entities W. Smith (was created by) | Vicky M (accessioner) | Brown (documenter) | Green (digitiser) . W.Smith was entered as the bequeather. so it seems as though the system is not picking up the first relationship type and defaults to (was created by.)

  • Further information - The related entity fields for 'accessioner', 'documenter' and 'digitizer' are restricted to these relationship types. The first field is the Acquisition Source which can be selected from a drop down list. In my case you can see that the relationship was entered as 'bequeather' but shows up in the Summary as 'was created by'

  • I cloned a fresh version of providence 1.7.8 and started with a clean data base and the problem has gone away. I have tried several entries and have not been able to replicate the problem so assume that something got corrupted somewhere along the way. Please consider this thread as closed.

Sign In or Register to comment.