Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Welcome to the CollectiveAccess support forum! Here the developers and community answer questions related to use of the software. Please include the following information in every new issue posted here:

1. Version of the software that is used, along with browser and version

2. If the issue pertains to Providence, Pawtucket or both

3. What steps you’ve taken to try to resolve the issue

4. Screenshots demonstrating the issue

5. The relevant sections of your installation profile or configuration including the codes and settings defined for your local elements.

If your question pertains to data import or export, please also include:

1. Data sample

2. Your mapping

Answers may be delayed for posts that do not include sufficient information.

Updating object lots does not update related objects search index

edited June 12 in Troubleshooting

This "problem" - I'm not sure if this is intentional or not - can be reproduced in the online demo:

Say you have an object lot with ascension name of Gift of Dr. Samuel Mandel
And an object Tomorrow is another fine day

If you relate them to each other (either from object UI or from object lot UI) and then do a quick search for Gift of Dr. Samuel Mandel, both the object (Tomorrow is another fine day) and the lot show up (which makes sense because they're related).
That said, if you delete the relationship, i.e. they're no longer related to each other and then perform the same search again (Gift of Dr. Samuel Mandel) you'll noticed that both the object and the lot show up like before, despite the object no longer being related to the lot.

If you then relate the object with a new lot (Lot A), the object will now show up for a search for Gift of Dr. Samuel Mandel as well as for a search for Lot A

Also, there is no ca_objects_x_ca_object_lots in https://docs.collectiveaccess.org/wiki/Relationships or the database schema, this confuses me, shouldn't it exist?