Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Welcome to the CollectiveAccess support forum! Here the developers and community answer questions related to use of the software. Please include the following information in every new issue posted here:

1. Version of the software that is used, along with browser and version

2. If the issue pertains to Providence, Pawtucket or both

3. What steps you’ve taken to try to resolve the issue

4. Screenshots demonstrating the issue

5. The relevant sections of your installation profile or configuration including the codes and settings defined for your local elements.

If your question pertains to data import or export, please also include:

1. Data sample

2. Your mapping

Answers may be delayed for posts that do not include sufficient information.

Fatals after installing on localhost

Hello,

I've installed Pawtucket2 and Providence on a local machine and am getting the following errors when attempting to access on localhost.

PROVIDENCE
**Warning: **require(/var/www/html/myproject/admin/app/helpers/errorHelpers.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /var/www/html/myproject/admin/index.php on line 31

**Fatal error: **require(): Failed opening required './app/helpers/errorHelpers.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php') in /var/www/html/myproject/admin/index.php on line 31

PAWTUCKET

Warning: require(/var/www/html/myproject/app/helpers/errorHelpers.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /var/www/html/myproject/index.php on line 33

Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required './app/helpers/errorHelpers.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php') in /var/www/html/myproject/index.php on line 33

I've tried setting perms to both ssh user and apache. Can anyone help!

Thank you :smile:

Comments

• Hi,

Make sure all of the CA application files are readable by whatever user the web server is running as. It may not be user "apache". Are you running Linux? If so, which distribution?

• Hi,

I am running centOS 7. The cli command ps aux | egrep '(apache|httpd)' seems to indicate that the user is 'apache' - I've given recursive permissions to /var/www/html/myproject but am getting the same errors. Any other ideas?

Thank you for your help.

• Are you running PHP-fpm? (Eg. under fcgi) If so, the PHP process is running under a different user than Apache.

• Hmm, I'm not running PHP-fpm or FastCGI. httpd.conf lists both the user and group as apache.

• Then I would recommend checking the permissions of the enclosing directories. Make sure it's all 755.

• I ran chmod 755 on all enclosing directories. Still getting:

Warning: require(/var/www/html/myproject/app/helpers/errorHelpers.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /var/www/html/myproject/index.php on line 33

Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required './app/helpers/errorHelpers.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php') in /var/www/html/myproject/index.php on line 33

I am wondering if I should just scrap everything and start over? I'm stuck. Apache is up and running, as is mariadb, php and all dependencies, and ffmpeg. I've updated php.ini, & setup.php with mysql database name, user, and password, and have set all perms as you have suggested.

• I'd recommend checking the paths you've set in setup.php next. Is the CA_BASE_DIR path set correctly?