Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Welcome to the CollectiveAccess support forum! Here the developers and community answer questions related to use of the software. Please include the following information in every new issue posted here:

1. Version of the software that is used, along with browser and version

2. If the issue pertains to Providence, Pawtucket or both

3. What steps you’ve taken to try to resolve the issue

4. Screenshots demonstrating the issue

5. The relevant sections of your installation profile or configuration including the codes and settings defined for your local elements.

If your question pertains to data import or export, please also include:

1. Data sample

2. Your mapping

Answers may be delayed for posts that do not include sufficient information.

retrieve mapping spreadsheet from ca

I did some larger imports in 2016 but haven't used the function since then. Now I need to use it again but can't find the mapping spreadsheets I used for the different imports back then. Can I some how get the files back from ca? The different mappings are visible and usable from providence but I need to make some changes to them. I remember spending quite a long time to get everything as I wanted it so I would be glad if I didn't had to it all over again.

Comments

• If there's a download icon next to the import sheets you can use that to retrieve it. If the icon is not present then it means the sheet was uploaded prior to the addition of the download feature. In that case the only record of the import is the parsed version in the database itself. At this time there is no process to reconstitute the sheet from the database itself.

• OK. Thank you for a fast answer. Nope, no download icon. I'm looking at tables in the database now and I at least it's some help even though some of the values in the source column seems really strange. That would correspond to the columns in the import data spreadsheet, right?

• Yeah. If you can wait a bit I can look into writing a script to recreate the sheet. If you want it please create a JIRA for it on http://clangers.collectiveaccess.org.

• That's nice of you. I'll try to look for the original mapping files first. They should be somewhere.