Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Welcome to the CollectiveAccess support forum! Here the developers and community answer questions related to use of the software. Please include the following information in every new issue posted here:

1. Version of the software that is used, along with browser and version

2. If the issue pertains to Providence, Pawtucket or both

3. What steps you’ve taken to try to resolve the issue

4. Screenshots demonstrating the issue

5. The relevant sections of your installation profile or configuration including the codes and settings defined for your local elements.

If your question pertains to data import or export, please also include:

1. Data sample

2. Your mapping

Answers may be delayed for posts that do not include sufficient information.

Video disappears in Chrome when played

Only in Chrome , using the default detail view, when clicking play on the video, the bottom of the viewer briefly appears at the top of the page before disappearing completely (see image). Firefox, IE, etc seem to all be fine. this is in 1.7.9rc, but also in previous versions I found.

Comments

• Does it do this in the default theme too?

• Yes, I swtiched over to the complete default theme and it does the same thing.

• And you're using the current version of Chrome?

• Yes, I just checked and it's up to date.

• Ok thanks. We'll look into this. We haven't seen it on other sites, and everyone uses Chrome. What sort of video is this? What format?

• They are all mp4s. Not all of them do it, but most do. Looking at the files I don't see a difference. The one on the left works while the one on right doesn't. I uploaded the one on the right to the collectiveaccess demo site and it seems to work there.

• The one on the right is 4:2:2, the one on the left looks to be 4:2:0. Is your system set up to pass through MP4s as-is, or is it transcoding them? My guess is it's passing through the files, and Chrome does seem to choke on 4:2:2 sometimes.

• You're right. It isn't set up to transcode. I'll try that.

• That doesn't seem to be the issue. Transcoding the file, even that same 4:2:0 that worked before, to the default h264 does the same thing.

• So when you transcode all videos are broken?

• Seems to be. I've tried 6 4:2:0 and they've all done the same in chrome, but are still fine elsewhere.