Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Welcome to the CollectiveAccess support forum! Here the developers and community answer questions related to use of the software. Please include the following information in every new issue posted here:

1. Version of the software that is used, along with browser and version

2. If the issue pertains to Providence, Pawtucket or both

3. What steps you’ve taken to try to resolve the issue

4. Screenshots demonstrating the issue

5. The relevant sections of your installation profile or configuration including the codes and settings defined for your local elements.

If your question pertains to data import or export, please also include:

1. Data sample

2. Your mapping

Answers may be delayed for posts that do not include sufficient information.

Browse filters not working after certain search terms

I'm having a strange issue where the filters (decade, collection, etc.) aren't working on certain search terms from the advanced search. For instance, if I search on street railways in the title field, I get results and then can't filter by decade or collection. If I search street railway (singular) it works fine. Thinking it might have something to do with the search index, I rebuilt it with caUtils. I deleted the cache as well. I changed over to the original default theme and still got the same issue.

The field is the title field: ca_objects.preferred_labels.name

http://archives.seattle.gov/digital-collections

Comments

• Looking at it some more I wonder if it has something to do with the way the advanced search is stemming words?

If you search ca_objects.preferred_labels.name:street AND ca_objects.preferred_labels.name:railways in the search box (which I think would be the equivalent, but it doesn't appear to be stemming the same way), all the filters available there 1880s/1890s/Textual records work in that advanced search for street railways. It's the ones that don't appear in the ca_objects.preferred_labels.name:street AND ca_objects.preferred_labels.name:railways that don't work.

• The advanced search is probably looking for the phrase, and this is skewing the results.

• Any suggestions on how to fix?

• Not without diving into the specifics of your system.

• edited August 2

I just recreated the issue in the demo system. I made 2 records with "street railways" in the title and two with "street railway" in the title all with different decades. The decade filters ones associated with "street railway" records (1930s and 2010s) don't work from the advanced search street railways in the title.

• Since it's in the demo as well, it must be a bug--I'll put in a bug report.

• The form is quoting them for exact phrase matching.

• edited August 2

But either the search results or the filters is off then... I'm probably not explaining well enough. When I search "street railways" from the advanced search-the search results show all four records, with filters for each decade. 2 of the filters shown don't work, while you can clearly see the records in the search results with those dates.