Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Welcome to the CollectiveAccess support forum! Here the developers and community answer questions related to use of the software. Please include the following information in every new issue posted here:

1. Version of the software that is used, along with browser and version

2. If the issue pertains to Providence, Pawtucket or both

3. What steps you’ve taken to try to resolve the issue

4. Screenshots demonstrating the issue

5. The relevant sections of your installation profile or configuration including the codes and settings defined for your local elements.

If your question pertains to data import or export, please also include:

1. Data sample

2. Your mapping

Answers may be delayed for posts that do not include sufficient information.

PDFs Uploading as Binary/Not Displaying

edited September 10 in Troubleshooting

Hello. I'm currently running version 1.7.8 and am having issues with PDF files. They are being uploaded as binary files, not viewable in the viewer, and thumbnails are not being generated. I've verified the paths and versions of the necessary plugins (ghostscript, PDFMiner, PDFtoText) and all seem to be operating fine as per the configuration page (below). When I hit "download" on the summary pages in both Providence and Pawtucket they download as PDF files and display correctly using Acrobat in in the browser. However, I am not able to preview them in C/A and there are no thumbnails. We have TIFF support as a majority of our files are TIFFs. I've also tried playing with "dont_use_imagemagick_to_identify_pdfs" etc to fix the issue to no avail. I've tried searching the forum but have yet to find a solution that works. Any help is appreciated.

I've attached images showing the config page, what files look like when uploaded, and how they display in the viewer.

Thank you for your help.

Comments

• edited September 12

I've gotten to the point where the system will now recognize (most) PDFs. However, it will spit out an error (below) and fail to generate thumbnails, they are broken links. I'm not sure what this could be. Ghostscript is the latest version and the path is correct (even though this does not point to GS I know it's responsible for thumbnails). Any help would be appreciated.

Error:
    Warning: filesize(): stat failed for /var/www/html/media/collectiveaccess/images/1/48241_ca_object_representations_media_122_iconlarge.jpg in /var/www/html/app/lib/Plugins/Media/PDFWand.php on line 698

Warning: md5_file(/var/www/html/media/collectiveaccess/images/1/48241_ca_object_representations_media_122_iconlarge.jpg): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/app/lib/BaseModel.php on line 4690

Warning: filesize(): stat failed for /var/www/html/media/collectiveaccess/images/1/16869_ca_object_representations_media_122_tiny.jpg in /var/www/html/app/lib/Plugins/Media/PDFWand.php on line 698

Warning: md5_file(/var/www/html/media/collectiveaccess/images/1/16869_ca_object_representations_media_122_tiny.jpg): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/app/lib/BaseModel.php on line 4690

Warning: filesize(): stat failed for /var/www/html/media/collectiveaccess/images/1/86350_ca_object_representations_media_122_thumbnail.jpg in /var/www/html/app/lib/Plugins/Media/PDFWand.php on line 698

Warning: md5_file(/var/www/html/media/collectiveaccess/images/1/86350_ca_object_representations_media_122_thumbnail.jpg): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/app/lib/BaseModel.php on line 4690

Warning: filesize(): stat failed for /var/www/html/media/collectiveaccess/images/1/63474_ca_object_representations_media_122_widethumbnail.jpg in /var/www/html/app/lib/Plugins/Media/PDFWand.php on line 698

Warning: md5_file(/var/www/html/media/collectiveaccess/images/1/63474_ca_object_representations_media_122_widethumbnail.jpg): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/app/lib/BaseModel.php on line 4690

Warning: filesize(): stat failed for /var/www/html/media/collectiveaccess/images/1/95933_ca_object_representations_media_122_preview.jpg in /var/www/html/app/lib/Plugins/Media/PDFWand.php on line 698

Warning: md5_file(/var/www/html/media/collectiveaccess/images/1/95933_ca_object_representations_media_122_preview.jpg): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/app/lib/BaseModel.php on line 4690

Warning: filesize(): stat failed for /var/www/html/media/collectiveaccess/images/1/42712_ca_object_representations_media_122_preview170.jpg in /var/www/html/app/lib/Plugins/Media/PDFWand.php on line 698

Warning: md5_file(/var/www/html/media/collectiveaccess/images/1/42712_ca_object_representations_media_122_preview170.jpg): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/app/lib/BaseModel.php on line 4690

Warning: filesize(): stat failed for /var/www/html/media/collectiveaccess/images/1/13875_ca_object_representations_media_122_widepreview.jpg in /var/www/html/app/lib/Plugins/Media/PDFWand.php on line 698

Warning: md5_file(/var/www/html/media/collectiveaccess/images/1/13875_ca_object_representations_media_122_widepreview.jpg): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/app/lib/BaseModel.php on line 4690

Warning: filesize(): stat failed for /var/www/html/media/collectiveaccess/images/1/57646_ca_object_representations_media_122_small.jpg in /var/www/html/app/lib/Plugins/Media/PDFWand.php on line 698

Warning: md5_file(/var/www/html/media/collectiveaccess/images/1/57646_ca_object_representations_media_122_small.jpg): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/app/lib/BaseModel.php on line 4690

Warning: filesize(): stat failed for /var/www/html/media/collectiveaccess/images/1/13440_ca_object_representations_media_122_medium.jpg in /var/www/html/app/lib/Plugins/Media/PDFWand.php on line 698

Warning: md5_file(/var/www/html/media/collectiveaccess/images/1/13440_ca_object_representations_media_122_medium.jpg): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/app/lib/BaseModel.php on line 4690

Warning: filesize(): stat failed for /var/www/html/media/collectiveaccess/images/1/64369_ca_object_representations_media_122_mediumlarge.jpg in /var/www/html/app/lib/Plugins/Media/PDFWand.php on line 698

Warning: md5_file(/var/www/html/media/collectiveaccess/images/1/64369_ca_object_representations_media_122_mediumlarge.jpg): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/app/lib/BaseModel.php on line 4690

Warning: filesize(): stat failed for /var/www/html/media/collectiveaccess/images/1/1066_ca_object_representations_media_122_large.jpg in /var/www/html/app/lib/Plugins/Media/PDFWand.php on line 698

Warning: md5_file(/var/www/html/media/collectiveaccess/images/1/1066_ca_object_representations_media_122_large.jpg): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/app/lib/BaseModel.php on line 4690

Warning: filesize(): stat failed for /var/www/html/media/collectiveaccess/images/1/46150_ca_object_representations_media_122_page.jpg in /var/www/html/app/lib/Plugins/Media/PDFWand.php on line 698

Warning: md5_file(/var/www/html/media/collectiveaccess/images/1/46150_ca_object_representations_media_122_page.jpg): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/app/lib/BaseModel.php on line 4690