Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Welcome to the CollectiveAccess support forum! Here the developers and community answer questions related to use of the software. Please include the following information in every new issue posted here:

1. Version of the software that is used, along with browser and version

2. If the issue pertains to Providence, Pawtucket or both

3. What steps you’ve taken to try to resolve the issue

4. Screenshots demonstrating the issue

5. The relevant sections of your installation profile or configuration including the codes and settings defined for your local elements.

If your question pertains to data import or export, please also include:

1. Data sample

2. Your mapping

Answers may be delayed for posts that do not include sufficient information.

Reprocessing media failing when upgrading to version 1.7.8

edited September 2019 in Troubleshooting

Hello,

I'm in the process of upgrading a Collective Access instance from version 1.6.3 to version 1.7.8.
I started by upgrading providence by following the procedure depicted here.
As mentioned in the procedure, after I install providence and migrate the DB schema I run the reprocess-media task using caUtils (because of the zoomable page media for multipage documents feature introduced in the in version 1.7).
The problem is that the media reprocess task is failing with a PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'DatabaseException' with message 'MySQL server has gone away':

Reprocessing ...75.0% 4345/5787 ETC: 3 hrs, 28 mins. Elapsed: 10 hrs, 27 mins [======================> ]PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'DatabaseException' with message 'MySQL server has gone away' in ... /admin/app/lib/Db/mysqli.php:316
Stack trace:

0 ... /admin/app/lib/Db/DbStatement.php(151): Db_mysqli->execute(Object(DbStatement), Object(DbStatement), '\n \t\t\tSELECT *\n ...', Array, NULL)

1 ... /admin/app/lib/Db.php(261): DbStatement->executeWithParamsAsArray(Array)

2 ... /admin/app/models/ca_object_representations.php(1342): Db->query('\n \t\t\tSELECT *\n ...', 9120)

3 ... /admin/app/models/ca_object_representations.php(1287): ca_object_representations->getFileList()

4 ... /admin/app/lib/BaseModel.php(4746): ca_object_representations->removeAllFiles()

5 ... in ... /admin/app/lib/Db/mysqli.php on line 316

The reprocessing always fails in the same file and approximately given the same elapsed time.
I have made some searches, but until now nothing has led me to a solution. Could someone please advise on what I could do to troubleshoot this issue? Is there a way to start the reprocess where it left off on the previous iteration? I'm asking because testing a solution will take me 10+ hours to reach the point where it breaks.

Thanks!

Comments

• Check your mysql logs as it sounds like it's crashing. You may need to bump max_allowed_packet up to a large value. Like 128M or 256M.

• Hi Seth.
    Thanks for the quick response.
    I will do that and reprocess the media.
    Thanks for Your help.