Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Welcome to the CollectiveAccess support forum! Here the developers and community answer questions related to use of the software. Please include the following information in every new issue posted here:

1. Version of the software that is used, along with browser and version

2. If the issue pertains to Providence, Pawtucket or both

3. What steps you’ve taken to try to resolve the issue

4. Screenshots demonstrating the issue

5. The relevant sections of your installation profile or configuration including the codes and settings defined for your local elements.

If your question pertains to data import or export, please also include:

1. Data sample

2. Your mapping

Answers may be delayed for posts that do not include sufficient information.

Exporting related data (from multiple CA tables)

edited October 17 in Troubleshooting

Hi!

I'm trying to export data from a CA instance (v.1.6.3) that I will later try to import into another one.
In order to try to understand the import / export process I started with the export of storage locations.
Based on the CA (documentation) I created a mapping (attached) for trying to export storage location data to CSV.
When trying to export the storage locations from the "old" CA instance using the mapping I created I get the following behavior:

• I am able to export some fields from the ca_storage_locations table (idno, idno_sort, status, deleted)
  • I am not able to export the location_id and parent_id fields (a column is placed in the exported CSV, but those fields are blank).
  • In the case of type_id, exported data is not the integer displayed on the database, but the type of location itself (building, room, etc) depicted (from my understanding) in table ca_list_items.
  • I am also not able to export the preferred labels for a given location which, from my understanding, are in table ca_storage_location_labels as I could not find a setting (to use in the mapping Options column) for filtering data in ca_storage_locations.name based on the location_id from the entry on the ca_storage_locations table.

So my questions are:

1. Is it possible to export data from multiple tables using a mappig? If so, could You please advise on how to do it? A basic example would be much appreciated.
  2. From what I have read, sometimes it is stated that export/import is performed based on metadata elements. Do these metadata elements have a direct correspondence to columns in a table? If not where can I find a list of the metadata elements available for export? Are these only the ones available when creating a display?

Thanks,

j-n-c