Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Welcome to the CollectiveAccess support forum! Here the developers and community answer questions related to use of the software. Please include the following information in every new issue posted here:

1. Version of the software that is used, along with browser and version

2. If the issue pertains to Providence, Pawtucket or both

3. What steps you’ve taken to try to resolve the issue

4. Screenshots demonstrating the issue

5. The relevant sections of your installation profile or configuration including the codes and settings defined for your local elements.

If your question pertains to data import or export, please also include:

1. Data sample

2. Your mapping

Answers may be delayed for posts that do not include sufficient information.

Mass replace media representation Title [BLANK] with ImageDescription embedded metadata?

Hi everyone. I've successfully used the Media Import to import hundreds of media representations onto Objects. All these media reps have Titles of '[BLANK]'.

I have read through the documentation of the Data Importer, and while I think I understand (perhaps using the existingRecordPolicy Setting of 'overwrite_on_idno'?), that seems a very hard way to do it, as the Title is already in the embedded metadata 'ImageDescription' of the image:

I found these links:
https://collectiveaccess.org/support/index.php?p=/discussion/299181/can-i-import-embedded-metadata-as-the-same-time-i-import-the-files
https://docs.collectiveaccess.org/wiki/Embedded_metadata_extraction

but to be honest, I got a bit lost and confused - do I have to delete everything, setup some exif data import and re-import everything? Or is there a way I can just run a bulk replace script, since all I'm trying to do is replace the Title with the ImageDescription?

Sincere thanks to anyone who can help. I feel like I'm close, but just getting a bit overwhelmed by the technicalities. Thank you!

Comments