Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Welcome to the CollectiveAccess support forum! Here the developers and community answer questions related to use of the software. Please include the following information in every new issue posted here:

1. Version of the software that is used, along with browser and version

2. If the issue pertains to Providence, Pawtucket or both

3. What steps you’ve taken to try to resolve the issue

4. Screenshots demonstrating the issue

5. The relevant sections of your installation profile or configuration including the codes and settings defined for your local elements.

If your question pertains to data import or export, please also include:

1. Data sample

2. Your mapping

Answers may be delayed for posts that do not include sufficient information.

Error importing related entities with objects

Hi there!

I’m having trouble creating related entities when importing objects in Providence application version: 1.7.8. When following the mapping template provided in the CollectiveAccess documentation (with CA table.element set to ca_entities), I get the debug message “Could not create ca_entities record: Type must be specified,” despite including entityType in the refinery parameters. Trying to point to a more specific element (i.e. ca_entities.preferred_labels.displayname) returns something like: “[entitySplitterRefinery] Could not add entity xxxx: cannot map ca_entities.preferred_labels.displayname using xxxx.”

Am I missing a parameter? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Updating this thread in the hopes that someone might be able to assist me!

• edited January 2

While you are not asking about this detail, I noticed in Column O in your sample data, you have multiple individuals in one column. One of the mistakes I have made in the past is to try to import several names at once only to create something like "Randolph S. Churchill Martin Gilbert" instead of making two records, one for "Randolph S. Churchill" and one for "Martin Gilbert."

As for your actual question, perhaps try entity type "ind" instead of "IND" and "org" rather than "ORG."

Edited for clarity

• Thanks for your response, @sjenson! I'll try a version of this with only single individuals listed per column, although I was hoping the delimiter in my mapping would take care of this for me, as it is able to do successfully with the list splitter.

I did change the entity type to "ind" instead of "IND" and "org" rather than "ORG" but still can't get the entity splitter to work, even for single individuals in columns.

Any other ideas perhaps?

• Hi Rachel,

Try this revised mapping. Does it work any better?