Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Welcome to the CollectiveAccess support forum! Here the developers and community answer questions related to use of the software. Please include the following information in every new issue posted here:

1. Version of the software that is used, along with browser and version

2. If the issue pertains to Providence, Pawtucket or both

3. What steps you’ve taken to try to resolve the issue

4. Screenshots demonstrating the issue

5. The relevant sections of your installation profile or configuration including the codes and settings defined for your local elements.

If your question pertains to data import or export, please also include:

1. Data sample

2. Your mapping

Answers may be delayed for posts that do not include sufficient information.

Importing a series of accession numbers to create a set

Today, I was working on bulk editing storage locations for some of the items and, after looking at the documentation, I noticed that the data importer template has an option for "set_items." Which sounds like if I have a list of id/accession numbers in a spreadsheet, I can quickly create a set to work with. However, I am not sure how to the mapping would work; I have done the usual part of looking at the metadata elements, but the method is not clicking in my head. Does anyone have an example of how to use the data importer to create and then fill a set with records?

Comments

• No there's no support for that. Where are you seeing this exactly?

• Good to know. I inferred it the program was able to import a list to create a set so because the link of basic table elements lists sets and set_items. In addition, the data importer template created in Google Drive give the option for these two tables for both "set" and "set_items" tables.