cSRF token not valid

Hi! We have a local server running Providence. Every time we try to upload an image/media file it halts and shows 'cSRF token not valid'. Any ideas as to what might be causing this? Much appreciated!

Comments

• I'm having this problem as well! The error code I get is:

DatabaseException: Lock wait timeout exceeded; try restarting transaction

Did you manage to resolve this?

• Do you get CSRF or the database exception? Or both?

• Hey Seth,

Yesterday I was getting both, and today when I try to save a media representation, the rest of the record saves immediately and the media representation disappears completely like it was never there.

• Hi,
    As I understood some messages about this recurrent "CSRF token" problem, it should be linked to the cache of navigator. May be your files in cache were updated...

• Hi Darrigan,

I'm pretty novice at all this stuff. Could you expand on what you mean by cache of navigator?

Thanks!

• Well, I'm sorry, may be "navigator" is not the right word in english. I mean "web browser".
    Look at this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_cache
    and this:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Bypass_your_cache

Bye!

• Thanks for clarifying! I wonder if this is something that can be improved server-side, or if it can only be fixed client-side through my browser. I will look into this.

• To update, I ran into the CSFR token problem, tried clearing my cache from my Chrome browser, and then tried saving the media representation again, only to receive an "uncaught fatal error" message. Checked my Providence log, and it gave me the "ERROR --> DatabaseException: Lock wait timeout exceeded; try restarting transaction code" again.

• Did you solve this? We have a similar problem ...

• Silvia: how often does this happen to you? And what version are you running?

• Hi. I have the same problem : Every time I want to upload an image it halts and shows 'cSRF token not valid'.

I click on "choose file" and then "save", it turns a while and then reload the page without having updated with the image.

Is it a problem of parameter? A timeout of something so?

• but problem doesn't seem to be linked exclusively to 'cSRF token not valid' because this message doesn't appear always. Sometimes, page is reloaded saying that it's saved but no image there in!

• How large is the image? And what are upload_max_filesize and post_max_size settings in your php.ini set to? These two parameters govern the maximum upload size that your PHP installation will allow. When files exceed that PHP stops handling request parameters and you can get errors like that. The default is 2mb, which is often too low. Try setting them to higher values. Both will need to be set, and post_max_size must be equal to or greater than upload_max_filesize.

Seth

• I could solve the problem by increasing size of upload_max_filesize in /etc/php/7.2/apache2/php.ini. 

• You should try that if it's set low.