Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Welcome to the CollectiveAccess support forum! Here the developers and community answer questions related to use of the software. Please include the following information in every new issue posted here:

1. Version of the software that is used, along with browser and version

2. If the issue pertains to Providence, Pawtucket or both

3. What steps you’ve taken to try to resolve the issue

4. Screenshots demonstrating the issue

5. The relevant sections of your installation profile or configuration including the codes and settings defined for your local elements.

If your question pertains to data import or export, please also include:

1. Data sample

2. Your mapping

Answers may be delayed for posts that do not include sufficient information.

Indexes not remembering new Collection and Object items

Hello,

For the last year or so we have been implementing both Providence for cataloging and Pawtucket for our public user needs.

We have been running into great difficulty with using Providence and would like to ask for your guidance. As I have been cataloging, the system starts to forget newly created collection items, objects, and sometimes entities. For example, I create Boxes, underneath Collections, in which I place objects, in order to keep with the archive’s hierarchical arrangement scheme. When I go to connect an Object to a Box I have created in the same session under Related Collections, the box does not exist.

We have tried multiple times to resolve this issue using Rebuild Search Indices, Reload Sort Values, and Rebuild Hierarchical Indices, but the issue still remains. As more data is added to the system, the system slows gradually down until a server reboot is needed. We have been using Providence with little changes to its basic programming.

Thanks,

Jessica Newell, Archivist
Edgar Cayce Foundation

Comments

• When you write "slow down" do you mean the search doesn't work or things take longer to complete?

• Hi Seth,

Both occur

• Try setting disable_out_of_process_search_indexing in app.conf to 1 and then reindex. That might help with your search issues.

Performance issues on the server can be just about anything. Try the search fix first.