Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Welcome to the CollectiveAccess support forum! Here the developers and community answer questions related to use of the software. Please include the following information in every new issue posted here:

  1. Version of the software that is used, along with browser and version

  2. If the issue pertains to Providence, Pawtucket or both

  3. What steps you’ve taken to try to resolve the issue

  4. Screenshots demonstrating the issue

  5. The relevant sections of your installation profile or configuration including the codes and settings defined for your local elements.

If your question pertains to data import or export, please also include:

  1. Data sample

  2. Your mapping

Answers may be delayed for posts that do not include sufficient information.

Export to xlsx or docx does not show relation type after upgrade

I've recently upgraded to providence 1.7.8. When I export a search result to spreadsheet (xlsx) or Word the related entities are shown but the relation type is missing.
When I recreate the relationship the type is shown for the new relationship.

Any idea how to solve this issue?


  • What does "recreate" mean exactly? What are you doing?

  • edited February 25

    With recreate I mean, I delete a relation and create a new relation with the same data and type.

    The recreated relationship, Bonhams shows the type "had as seller". The other relationships, created before the upgrade, don't show the relation type.

  • My guess would be caching. Have you cleared the application cache after the upgrade?

  • I've cleared the cache with caUtils clear-caches but the problem remains.

  • Do the relationship types for the older relationships display elsewhere?

  • Yes, in providence (web GUI) everything is displayed correctly.

  • Hey!

    I think I have a similar issue. In Providence (1.7.8), relationships display perfectly. For example:

    However, in exports or in the Summary page these relationships are incorrectly displayed using a display template. Same example in the Summary page:

    After some trial and error, I found that the display was switching from object<=>place relationships and also object<=>entity relationships, to an object representation<=>entity relationship, even though their relationship type codes were different:

    I haven't gone through a looked at all the instances where this occurs and where not, but it does happen for a significant number of objects. There might be other relationships that are switching that I have yet to identify but this certainly seems to be a display issue, at least in my case.

    I identified it by playing renaming relationships with an * as you can see. Perhaps you can try that.


Sign In or Register to comment.