Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Welcome to the CollectiveAccess support forum! Here the developers and community answer questions related to use of the software. Please include the following information in every new issue posted here:

1. Version of the software that is used, along with browser and version

2. If the issue pertains to Providence, Pawtucket or both

3. What steps you’ve taken to try to resolve the issue

4. Screenshots demonstrating the issue

5. The relevant sections of your installation profile or configuration including the codes and settings defined for your local elements.

If your question pertains to data import or export, please also include:

1. Data sample

2. Your mapping

Answers may be delayed for posts that do not include sufficient information.

Delimiting by line break and occurrence splitter question

edited March 26 in Troubleshooting

I'm working on a database import of artworks from FileMaker Pro. The element in question is a list of exhibitions for each artwork, separated by line break.
My first question is whether it's possible to delimit by line break?
If not, I'll just have to go into Excel and do a find and replace.
Furthermore, does anyone have any idea why this refinery isn't producing any occurrences? It's the occurrence splitter on line 10.
Also, my storage location splitter is producing different storage locations, but it's not getting a hierarchy from them. Those cells come in the form of " storage place - shelf - drawer," but there's a lot of variation to make a single hierarchy.

Comments

• You can do this by setting the delimiter to "\n"

For the occurrence splitter you'll need to set an occurrence type ("occurrenceType") in addition to a relationship type.

For storage locations, to create a hierarchy you'll need to declare what the parent or parents are. See the "parents" option for the splitter (https://docs.collectiveaccess.org/wiki/Data_Importer#storageLocationSplitter)

seth

• Thanks Seth.
    I'm still having issues creating any occurrences with this import. For reference, here are my occurrenceSplitter parameters, and some information from the column I'm trying to create occurrences from.
    I also tried setting the occurrenceType to "exhibition" and "event", but no luck.

Anything look wrong?

• edited April 5

Just updating this in case someone else runs into the same problems.

These settings worked for me. Basically, I had the relationshipType wrong on my occurrence splitter. Also I was having a similar issue with entitySplitter and I needed to give more information to define the entities (an idno).
    Also Seth was right, \n for the delimiter works.
    also sorry the images are so big, not sure how to style them in markdown