Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Welcome to the CollectiveAccess support forum! Here the developers and community answer questions related to use of the software. Please include the following information in every new issue posted here:

1. Version of the software that is used, along with browser and version

2. If the issue pertains to Providence, Pawtucket or both

3. What steps you’ve taken to try to resolve the issue

4. Screenshots demonstrating the issue

5. The relevant sections of your installation profile or configuration including the codes and settings defined for your local elements.

If your question pertains to data import or export, please also include:

1. Data sample

2. Your mapping

Answers may be delayed for posts that do not include sufficient information.

Merging on Batch Import Issue

Hello,
While working from home I'm updating on our database records. For existing records there are some fields, such as title, that I'd like to update as a data import. My predecessor tended to us things like 'Photograph' as a title while I'd like something more descriptive. I have the image descriptions so I'll be basing titles off those. It'll be much faster to type them in an Excel document and update that way than manually going through each record. I've tried to do this with 'merge_on_idno_with_replace' but all it does it duplicate the records that already exist.

Possibly I'm doing something wrong? My uploads of new records work fine, but my updating of existing records seem to have an issue. We are running 1.7.9, but I do not have access to the nuts and bolts of the install.

Thanks!

Comments