Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Welcome to the CollectiveAccess support forum! Here the developers and community answer questions related to use of the software. Please include the following information in every new issue posted here:

1. Version of the software that is used, along with browser and version

2. If the issue pertains to Providence, Pawtucket or both

3. What steps you’ve taken to try to resolve the issue

4. Screenshots demonstrating the issue

5. The relevant sections of your installation profile or configuration including the codes and settings defined for your local elements.

If your question pertains to data import or export, please also include:

1. Data sample

2. Your mapping

Answers may be delayed for posts that do not include sufficient information.

Mapping Template Won't Upload

Hello,
I'm playing around with a mapping template to make things easier for me but every time I try to upload it to test I get an error that it was skipped. Did I do something it doesn't like?

Comments

• You have invalid json in the options columns on several lines.

• Ahhhh, that makes sense. I didn't know it checked for errors. Possibly in a future update it could list the reason why the file was skipped?

Back to your comment, how would I correctly write the json? I couldn't seem to find anywhere on the wiki about how to write multiple options in the same cell. That was the main thing I was trying to test and hopefully figure out.

I want to use {"matchOn":["idno"]} as well as {"skipIfEmpty": 1}, if that's possible. Right now I have {"matchOn":["idno"], "skipIfEmpty": 1} but that isn't correct. I'll play around a bit but I'm assuming I'm missing something fairly simple.

Thanks!

• edited April 7

After my above comment I went and deleted the option values, except the constants. Still skipped. Removed the name, still skipped. The date was written as an Excel function '=TODAY()'. I hadn't even thought of that, just used to using that in Excel. I assumed CA didn't like a function in the options field so I removed it, now all options values are blank, it worked. I'll still have to fix the invalid json but at least I know Excel functions aren't accepted.

:)

EDIT: Realised an error in my mapping that was actually letting the file upload. When I tested adding everything back in again I accidentally put the options values in the group column.

• I think I have everything sorted, no errors and tests seem to work fine. I'll put it into use and if all goes well I'll hopefully post it here as well in case it's helpful to others.