Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Welcome to the CollectiveAccess support forum! Here the developers and community answer questions related to use of the software. Please include the following information in every new issue posted here:

1. Version of the software that is used, along with browser and version

2. If the issue pertains to Providence, Pawtucket or both

3. What steps you’ve taken to try to resolve the issue

4. Screenshots demonstrating the issue

5. The relevant sections of your installation profile or configuration including the codes and settings defined for your local elements.

If your question pertains to data import or export, please also include:

1. Data sample

2. Your mapping

Answers may be delayed for posts that do not include sufficient information.

web service api: limit search

Hello!

Back at work with the web service api for a brand new ca instance!
I'm trying to make a search and browse interface for this project and I wonder if there is a way to get search results from a request 10 by 10. Let's say that the app makes a search request to the api that would result in a very large answer, with 100.000 objects. I would like to limit this number to 10 and send another request for the next 10 (which would allow the interface to "lazy load") the results... I've seen there is a "limit" parameter for the search queries but there is no "start" parameter... Is there a way to do something equivalent to "limit 10, 20" in SQL?

If not, what would be the best way to optimize this kind of communications with the API?

Lionel