Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Welcome to the CollectiveAccess support forum! Here the developers and community answer questions related to use of the software. Please include the following information in every new issue posted here:

1. Version of the software that is used, along with browser and version

2. If the issue pertains to Providence, Pawtucket or both

3. What steps you’ve taken to try to resolve the issue

4. Screenshots demonstrating the issue

5. The relevant sections of your installation profile or configuration including the codes and settings defined for your local elements.

If your question pertains to data import or export, please also include:

1. Data sample

2. Your mapping

Answers may be delayed for posts that do not include sufficient information.

Displaying PDF Access Copies of Preservation Multipage TIFFs

Providence 1.7.8

Short Version:
Does anyone have any ideas why the UniversalViewer would try to load a /index.php/Detail/GetMediaOverlay/context/objects/id/9859/representation_id/25/overlay/1 file and /assets/universalviewer/dist/uv/%3Csite_prototcol%3E://10.30.3.170:8091/media/collectiveaccess/pdf/0/66404_ca_object_representations_media_25_pdf.pdf/full/90,150/0/default.jpg especially the latter given its trying to get a jpg inside a PDF.

Long Version:
Okay, so I was tasked to figure out how to create PDF access copies from multipage TIFF preservation copies which lead me to try to figure out media_processing.conf (not entirely related but see my earlier forum post https://collectiveaccess.org/support/index.php?p=/discussion/300457/image-generation-quality-media-processing-conf-configuration-explination#latest). From there I realized, in my instance at least, Gmagick.php was where all the variations were being made so adding the application/PDF mimetype to the EXPORT variable and commenting out the
```php
$handle->setimageindex(0); // force use of first image in multi-page TIFF
```
and then adding the true value as the second parameter on the writeimage
```php
$this->handle->writeimage($ps_filepath . "." . $ext, true)
```
which is working in regards to generating the PDFs. However, when I changed media_display.conf in the hopes of being able to display the PDF version of errors after fiddling around with it I found out that there were the aforementioned JavaScript errors.

Any help or advice any can provide is much appreciated.