Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Welcome to the CollectiveAccess support forum! Here the developers and community answer questions related to use of the software. Please include the following information in every new issue posted here:

1. Version of the software that is used, along with browser and version

2. If the issue pertains to Providence, Pawtucket or both

3. What steps you’ve taken to try to resolve the issue

4. Screenshots demonstrating the issue

5. The relevant sections of your installation profile or configuration including the codes and settings defined for your local elements.

If your question pertains to data import or export, please also include:

1. Data sample

2. Your mapping

Answers may be delayed for posts that do not include sufficient information.

API bundle to get all media representations

Hello,
I'm back with a new "API bundle question"! I'm trying to get urls for all media representations of an object knowing the objet id. So I've written this bundle:

array("bundles" => array(
        "ca_objects.preferred_labels.name" => array(),
        "ca_object_representations.media.large.url"  => array(),
         "ca_object_representations.media.original.url"  => array()
        )
      )

And it works! Except that it only returns one object representation, the primary one. I need to get all the object representations not only the "primary"!
Any idea how to achieve this?

Comments

• Ok I've found out that this is linked to a "filterNonPrimaryRepresentations" parameter that could be set to false if we want to get all the representations instead of just the primary one. But is there a way to set this parameter in a web API call? I tried to add this as a get parameter like this:

$itemClient = new ItemService($this->CAurl, $this->CAuser, $this->CAkey, 'ca_objects','GET'); $itemClient->addGetParameter('filterNonPrimaryRepresentations', 0);

But it doesnt work. In the meantime I noticed that if I change this filter to false in app/lib/Search/ObjectSearchResult.php line 57, it works, I get all the media representations. But I would like to avoid changing stuff in Providence if possible so I'm still looking for a way to set it in the API call...

• Hi Lionel,
    did you tried with ca_objects_x_object_representations instead of ca_object_representations?

• So, I also ran into this or a similar problem a while ago when I was working on a Drupal front end where I needed to get all the image representations. Unfortunately the only work around I was able to find was to use the old REST API. See code below. Hopefully it helps.

private function getObjectImages($id) {
            $credentials = base64_encode($this->ca_username . ':' . $this->ca_password);

$options = [
                'method' => 'POST',
                'headers' => [
                    'Authorization' => 'Basic ' . $credentials,
                    'Content-Type'  => "application/x-www-form-urlencoded"
                ],
            ];

$url = $this->serviceURL . '/iteminfo/ItemInfo/rest?method=getObjectRepresentations&object_id=' . $id . '&versions[]=original';

$response = drupal_http_request($url, $options);

if($response->code == 200) {
                $xml_data = simplexml_load_string($response->data);
                $img_list_obj = $xml_data->getObjectRepresentations;
            }

if(isset($img_list_obj)) {
                $images = array();

foreach($img_list_obj as $key => $value) {
                    foreach($value as $key2 => $value2) {
                        $image_url = $value2->urls->original;
                        $image_width = $value2->info->original->WIDTH;
                        $image_height = $value2->info->original->HEIGHT;
                        $image_access = (($value2->access == 0) ? 'Not accessible to public' : 'Accessible to public');

if(isset($image_url) && isset($image_width) && isset($image_height)) {
                            $image = new CAImage($image_url, $image_width, $image_height, $image_access);

array_push($images, $image);
                        }
                    }
                }
            }

return $images;
        }