Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Welcome to the CollectiveAccess support forum! Here the developers and community answer questions related to use of the software. Please include the following information in every new issue posted here:

1. Version of the software that is used, along with browser and version

2. If the issue pertains to Providence, Pawtucket or both

3. What steps you’ve taken to try to resolve the issue

4. Screenshots demonstrating the issue

5. The relevant sections of your installation profile or configuration including the codes and settings defined for your local elements.

If your question pertains to data import or export, please also include:

1. Data sample

2. Your mapping

Answers may be delayed for posts that do not include sufficient information.

Restricting relationship types in metadata bundles when relationship type is in a hierarchy

I've recently updated my Providence system to 1.7.8 & I'm trying to implement the ontology for the Record in Context Standard ( https://www.ica.org/standards/RiC/ontology).

My CA system was set to follow Version 1 of Record in Context conceptual model before the ontology was published & I didn't arrange my relationship types in a hierarchy. The recent release ontology does arrange relationship properties in a hierarchy & I've been trying to see if I can implement this in my version of CA. However, I'm having difficulty when restricting relationship types in a relationship metadata bundle.

For example, I have a ca_collections_x_vocabulary_terms relationship which follows: is related to > belongs to category > has accrual status

I have a ca_collections_x_vocabulary_terms metadata bundle for 'Accrual Status' in which I restricted to the 'has accrual status' relationship type. However, after I moved the relationship type into a hierarchy, the term no longer appears on the bundle in the user interface:

I've edited the metadata bundle so is is also restricted to 'is related to' and 'belongs to category,' but now the bundle shows all the relationships types available in that string:

Is there any way I can restricted a relationship metadata bundle to one relationship type if that relationship type sits within a hierarchy tree?

Thanks