Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Welcome to the CollectiveAccess support forum! Here the developers and community answer questions related to use of the software. Please include the following information in every new issue posted here:

1. Version of the software that is used, along with browser and version

2. If the issue pertains to Providence, Pawtucket or both

3. What steps you’ve taken to try to resolve the issue

4. Screenshots demonstrating the issue

5. The relevant sections of your installation profile or configuration including the codes and settings defined for your local elements.

If your question pertains to data import or export, please also include:

1. Data sample

2. Your mapping

Answers may be delayed for posts that do not include sufficient information.

History Tracking in 1.7.9

I am still struggling with History Tracking.
I am currently using Movement based tracking. I NEED to keep track of when I move an object in/out of different Storage Locations, and I need to keep track of when I move a Storage Location (ie object A-> box 1, Object B-> box 1, box1-> shelf X, box1->shelf Y...)

As best as I can tell, Movement based tracking is not implemented at all in 1.7.9. (it looks removed from the codebase)

When I try to implement it as Workflow, I find that I can NOT create an updated location into a location that was previously used. ie. object A -> box 1, object A-> box 2, object A->box 1 (<-- this will not save.) Is this the correct behavior....or is it broke!?

Something I dont understand about Workflow - With Movement based, I can create a new Movement record, then quickly select the objects involved in the Movement. If I understand Workflow correctly, I would need to navigate to each object and then update the location - creating an interstitial record for each object x location. Or would it be object x movement? I think I'm missing something important in my understanding of how this should work.

Thanks
Bruce

Comments

• That's correct, movement is not currently implemented in 1.7.9. We do plan to do that.

• Is a "movement" akin to a Spectrum "procedure"? Would the tracking system work with a Spectrum profile?
  • edited October 29

"Procedures" in Spectrum is the generic term for all workflows/documentation processes defined in the Spectrum standard for museums. In Spectrum 5.0 there are 21 of them. One of these procedures is "Location and movement control".

The existing CA profile called "Spectrum" is a bit outdated to my knowledge (refers to Spectrum 3, I think). Unfortunately, I can't say how well the workflow for movement control suggested in Spectrum can be implemented with CA; perhaps the support team can help you with this?