Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Welcome to the CollectiveAccess support forum! Here the developers and community answer questions related to use of the software. Please include the following information in every new issue posted here:

1. Version of the software that is used, along with browser and version

2. If the issue pertains to Providence, Pawtucket or both

3. What steps you’ve taken to try to resolve the issue

4. Screenshots demonstrating the issue

5. The relevant sections of your installation profile or configuration including the codes and settings defined for your local elements.

If your question pertains to data import or export, please also include:

1. Data sample

2. Your mapping

Answers may be delayed for posts that do not include sufficient information.

display alternate names of entity?

I'd like to modify [mytheme]/views/Details/ca_entities_default_html.php to list the Alternate Names of the entity

Here's my code which returns nothing although there are multiple alternate names for the entity:

{{{<ifcount code="ca_entities.nonpreferred_labels" min="1"><label>Alternate names:</label></ifcount>}}}
{{{<unit relativeTo="ca_entities.nonpreferred_labels"><l>^ca_entities.nonpreferred_labels.displayname</l><br/></unit>}}}

Can you correct my code or procedure? Maybe my field names are incorrect - where/how can I find these in my site??

Comments

• edited September 11

Sorry, see below...

• Sorry - my mostly-working code didn't go through - trying again here:

{{{<ifcount code="ca_entities.nonpreferred_labels" min="1"><label>Alternate names:</label></ifcount>}}}
    {{{<unit relativeTo="ca_entities.nonpreferred_labels">^displayname<br/></unit>}}}

• So now my question again: How do I eliminate the semicolons in the output below??

Alternate names:
    Ichiyōsai (go - 一陽斎)
    ; Kumaemon (nickname - 熊右衛門)
    ; Kumakichi (nickname - 熊吉)
    ; Kurahashi (original family name - 倉橋)

• edited September 12

Just set a delimiter on the using a delimiter attribute. Eg.

{{{<unit relativeTo="ca_entities.nonpreferred_labels" delimiter="<br/>">^displayname</unit>}}}

I've set this up on your system, so you can see it in action.

• Of course! I need to learn to spell delimiter (not delimeter)!

Thanks, Seth!