Object Summary Display: generated PDF or DOC output format issue

I'd like to generate a PDF from the summary display view, but the generated PDF formatting seems to be broken:

There are 3 formatting issues:

• Text overlaps / is rendered on top of each other
  • Metadata Label is bottom-aligned, which is misleading to read - especially if >1 pages
  • Continued list on 2nd page is not continuously aligned to first page (=left, instead of indented)

I had a display template for the affected "related entities", but even if I remove it, the overlapping text issue remains so I guess it's not the display template?

(I've also tried to generate a .doc file, just to check, but that does not have any formatting at all, just a string of texts....)

I've never used the PDF export or display feature before, so I'm not aware of having anything mis-configured.
I've also attached the generated PDF, in case that helps?

I'm grateful for any help on resolving this.
Thank you very much in advance :smile:

Comments

• Try installing wkhtmltopdf and see if that helps.

• Unfortunately not. On the contrary:
    Now a 0-Byte PDF is output :scream:

...and wkhtmltopdf package (on Ubuntu Server) seems to have the whole xserver as dependency.

• You'd want to look at how it's built then. wkhtmltopdf is run headless. Try running wkhtmltopdf on the command line to verify it'll actually run. CA is just exec'ing that command, so if it won't run for you it almost certainly won't run for CA.

• Okay, I've now downloaded wkhtmlpdf .deb package for Ubuntu 18.04 (64bit) from their website (*)
    Works! PDF looks fine now.

Is there a way I can configure CA to suggest PDF by default (rather than DOC)?

(*) In case someone wants to know details about the installation (for their setup):

$ wget https://github.com/wkhtmltopdf/packaging/releases/download/0.12.6-1/wkhtmltox_0.12.6-1.bionic_amd64.deb
    $ sudo apt install xfonts-75dpi
    $ sudo dpkg -i wkhtmltox_0.12.6-1.bionic_amd64.deb