Washed images

Hello

After moving CA to a new server, we have problems with the images, they look washed out, color desaturated. The same thing happens in Providence.

What could be the problem?

Thanks.

647 x 730 - 353K

Comments

• edited June 18

Hi,

I remember I've had the same faded images...

Try to edit the /ca/app/conf/media_processing.conf and find:

# SET = {quality = 75, format = image/jpeg, gamma = 1.7, reference-black = 6080, reference-white = 43840}

Remove the gamma, reference-black and reference-white settings, for all lines, like:

# SET = {quality = 75, format = image/jpeg}

You can increase jpeg quality if you want, like:

# SET = {quality = 95, format = image/jpeg}

Try importing new image and see if it's better.

Bye!

• Hello Darrigan,

Thank you very much for your response to my query.

I made the modifications to the media_processing.conf file and uploaded a new image in Providence, but it doesn't look right, I don't know what the problem may be.

I will continue investigating, I appreciate your attention.

Silvia

• Hi Silvia,

Do you have another media_processing.conf file in the directory /themes/your_theme/conf/ ?

• Are you running the same media processing software on the new server? Some versions of ImageMagick will wash out images. The latest release and develop code have changes to avoid this issue.

• Hi Darrigan

No, that file is not in the directory / themes / your_theme / conf 

Silvia

• Hi Seth

On the new server we are using CA 1.7.11. The image processor being used is Imagick. Although ImageMagick, GD, GraphicsMagick are loaded, they are not used.

Silvia

• We solved the problem of the faded images, modifying in the file:

pawtucket2 / themes / [yourthemesname] /conf/media_display.conf

changing the viewer:

#use_universal_viewer_for_image_list_length_at_least = 3,

use_mirador_viewer_for_image_list_length_at_least = 3,

However, some images are shown with a white background and others with a black background (images attached). I understand that they are different viewers, but the files are all the same type (jpg). This happened before too, but now the black viewer does not load the image.

I apologize for my English, I use GoogleTranslate to help me write these lines, I suppose there will be some errors.

Thank you

Silvia

711 x 957 - 528K
    699 x 849 - 67K
  • Try removing use_mirador_viewer_for_image_list_length_at_least. The standard zooming viewer will then be used, which may work better for you.