Can't Create Lightbox

I am trying to create a test lightbox in Pawtucket 2 to ensure that all site functionality is working. When logged in I click on "create your first lightbox" and fill in the title and description but when I click "save" nothing happens. We are using Pawtucket 2, Providence 1.7.11 and are observing the issue on both Firefox and Chrome browsers. The Pawtucket 2 log is empty and we have not altered the code for the Lightbox at all since getting it from the Github repo, so I have no idea how to approach troubleshooting this.

Comments

• Did a bit more testing and came across this error when I try to create a new user group in lightbox:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function purify() on null in /var/www/html/app/controllers/LightboxController.php:866 Stack trace: #0 /var/www/html/app/lib/Controller/RequestDispatcher.php(273): LightboxController->saveUserGroup(NULL) #1 /var/www/html/app/lib/Controller/AppController.php(113): RequestDispatcher->dispatch(Array) #2 /var/www/html/index.php(124): AppController->dispatch(true) #3 {main} thrown in /var/www/html/app/controllers/LightboxController.php on line 866

Again, we didn't alter the lightbox controller or conf file from github, so I'm not sure how to fix this.

• I finally got around to testing this. A straight install of 1.7.11 with existing databases and stock configuration works as expected. Lightboxes get created, group functions work, etc.

Did you modify any of the configuration? Are you using the default theme or something else? If you're using custom config and/or theming can you send them to me?

Thanks,

Seth

• Also, what version of PHP are you running this with?

• Thanks Seth! We're using PHP 7.3.28. I'll send you our theme thus far via email.

• Yes, please do. I suspect the problem might be in the current theme. Using your previous one works fine for me.

• Thanks Seth for all your help on this. In case anyone runs into the same issue, updating to Pawtucket 1.7.12 fixed it.