Something went wrong: Access Denied

I get the following "Access Denied" error on an initial setup of Collective Access on Ubuntu

Something went wrong

Access denied for user 'nvma-1'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /var/www/html/ca/app/lib/Db/mysqli.php line 139:

Warning: join(): Invalid arguments passed in /var/www/html/ca/themes/default/views/system/fatal_error_html.php on line 52

1. In Db_mysqli->connect() in Db line 134

Warning: join(): Invalid arguments passed in /var/www/html/ca/themes/default/views/system/fatal_error_html.php on line 52

1. At Db->connect() in Db line 108

1. At Db->__construct() in index line 42

Murphy

Comments

• Make sure you're using the correct mysql password for user nvma-1@localhost, and that nvma-1@localhost has full access to the database.

• Are there any instructions on how to set it up or check it?

Thanks, Murphy

• Thanks. It is Saturday night here. I"ll go over that section again soon...

Murphy

• I am still stumped.

Regardless of the changes I have tried, including "root" and "no password" I still get the following message:

Something went wrong

Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' in /var/www/html/ca/app/lib/Db/mysqli.php line 139:

1. In Db_mysqli->connect() in Db line 134

1. At Db->connect() in Db line 108

1. At Db->__construct() in index line 42

I am tempted to try a complete re-install of Collective Access "Providence", but I'm not sure how to cleanly uninstall the current setup.

BTW, as you may have noticed, I am new to Ubuntu Linux although I have been working with PCs ince 1982.

Thanks for any suggestions. Murphy

• Can you log in with root and no password on the command line?