For the love of G-d I must be missing something so obvious...

I have struggled. I have triumphed. I continue to have issues with many, many things. But slowly, I am making progress...on Providence.

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to change the display settings for Pawtucket. I have my objects. They even show geolocation! But that's all they show, along with their title and identifier. How do I allow viewers on Pawtucket to see more of the attributes of each object? I have tried figuring it out in the administrative controls, but all that resulted in was a change in the summary (which I thought would fix it, but no).

I know this has to be an easy fix, but I can't find anything online to help.

Comments

• Working on Ubuntu with the latest installs, btw

• You'll need to edit the theme for the front-end to suit your needs. It will require an understanding of HTML, CSS and the templating system used to present data.

Assuming you're using the default theme, look in the themes/default/views/Details directory. The templates that format the "detail" pages for each record in your system are defined there. They are prefixed with the table name of the record they format output for. For objects edit ca_objects_default_html.php. The views are HTML with "placeholder tags" interspersed where data from your records should be substituted. The tags are bracketed with three curly brackets. Eg. to output the "description" field you'd use {{{ca_objects.description}}}. To output the preferred label of a record use {{{ca_objects.preferred_labels.name}}}

Codes for single-value metadata elements are formed using the table and element code separated by a period. For container elements, the format is <table>.<container element code>.<sub-element code>. For example, if you have a container on an entity record with element code "address" and sub-elements "street_address", "city", "state" and "zipcode", the view code for city would be ca_entities.address.city.

In addition to these codes, you can also use full display templates in your views. Just enclose the template with {{{ and }}}. For more information on display templates see https://manual.collectiveaccess.org/reporting/templates.html

There's more to theme editing than this, but this will hopefully be enough to get you started.

• @seth thank you so so much!