Search yields no results & add Storage Location sees no previously exiting locations: memory prob?

When I perform a search for objects or entities, not results appear, although they are locatable through browsing for them. I saw another forum question where the author said it was a max memory issue.

How do I change or reallocate the php memory?

Thanks

Comments

• Try rebuilding the search index. Go to Manage, the Administrate and then Maintenance. The option is under there.

• And if the search index rebuild process dies in the browser, which has been happening on the latest providence release, you can try rebuilding the search index via CLI from the /support directory in your Providence instance. Here is the command to be executed from /support

bin/caUTILs rebuild-search-index

• Having similar problem as OP, but I don't know how to open to caUTIL or command line within Providence, any guidance? I am in /support but it tells me I need to anchor it from the command line and I am not sure how to go about that.

• @scarmonz Are you on a Linux server?

• I am not sure. How do I tell?

• How are you connecting to this server?

• I am just using the IP address in a chrome browser. I am able to get the the /support from the browser but when I attempt to open the php files I get an error message:

#!/usr/bin/env php #!/usr/bin/env php Sorry, caUtils must be run from the command line!

• Got it. You'll need to ask whomever set the machine up how to get command-line access.

• Hey! I got the info we are working off a Linux Unbuntu server!

• Looks like we're in the same boat. How do I run caUTILs from the command line?

• Ok- this is the error I'm receiving back:

PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'php_mbstring' (tried: /usr/lib/php/20170718/php_mbstring (/usr/lib/php/20170718/php_mbstring: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory), /usr/lib/php/20170718/php_mbstring.so (/usr/lib/php/20170718/php_mbstring.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)) in Unknown on line 0

PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 2097152 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 32768 bytes) in /root/providence/app/lib/Db/DbBase.php on line 183

any thoughts?

• Follow up: Increased memory in php.ini, restarted apache, and rebuilt the search indices. All seems good now :).