Object Import

I have a spreadsheet where an object is listed in the following format each in its own column

Category^8|Class^9|Sub Class^10|Primary Term^11|Secondary Term^12|Tertiary Term^13|

These columns match the levels in my Hierarchical Objects List

I have been trying to construct an import refinery/splitter to import objects listed in the spreadsheet into the database .

but I get an error "type must be specified " In my settings I have type set to "category_8" which is the identifier for the Communications Objects List. i.e all objects are of type category_8.

Probably making a fundamental mistake but any advice on how to get this importer working will be most welcome.

(Unable to attach xlsx file so have had to type in contents of mapping file)

I have one row of data in my test data file.

Ca table.element = ca_objects.type_id

contents of refinery/splitter

{

"parents": [{

"name": "^13",

"type": "category_8"

},

{

"name": "^12",

},

{

"name": "^11",

},

{

"name": "^10",

},

{

"name": "^9",

},

{

"name": "^8",

}

]

}

Comments

• Hi,

I have done some more reading up now that the CollectiveAcces Docs site is up and running again.

I do not get any errors now when I run the mapping but I only get the Highest level of the Object Category (i.e Column 9) imported . I am not sure if I am using the right splitter here or whether I should be using a splitter at all. The object record being imported is not that of some larger hierarchically built object but . The object_name is the lowest term in the row in the dataset which could be between 1 and 5 terms. Have looked for examples of this type of import but not found one that seems to fit my case.

• To provide more information when I enter a new object manually the Category is established immediately the new object type is selected.

Selection opens my object editor that has a hierarchical list of sub category types from which the lowest level of the object type can be selected.

this selection is stored as the metadata element object_sub_category. So what I am struggling with at the moment is how to map the sub-categories from the spreadsheet into the sub_category field.

• Trying to work backwards I looked at my display setting for printing out object subcategory and it looks like this

^ca_objects.communication_object.hierarchy.preferred_labels.name_plural%delimiter=_➞

I have tried to work backwards from this and constructed an import splitter as shown in the screenshot below - of course it does not work but I just cant figure out why - obviously doing something stupid so would really like some help thanks.