relate images to existing objects

Hello,

I would like to add images that are related to existing objects. However I would not like them to be visible when listing objects (eg by media).

One way to do this is by creating a new entity and create a relation to be shown together with the other object items. When selecting it however the image is not displayed: Instead only the primary object image is displayed...

Is this the method you would use? Any suggestions?

Thank you!

Comments

• What exactly are you trying to do here? I'm sorry, but it's unclear to me.

• I have various types of objects, eg types of books (math, literature). Each object has one image (book cover)

I want to add more images that are related with many books: For example author, or city (books about this city) etc..

I do not want to add these images as a new object type, because I do not want them to be listed when someone selects "browse objects ->"has media"). So I added them as a new entity and added a relation to the relevant objects. But this does not seem to work because I am not able to view the image when selecting it (instead I see the object's primary image, i.e the book cover)

Is this the suggested way to do this? Perhaps a completely different method should be used?

Thank you!

If you need more clarifications please ask

• An Object Representation can be related to more than one object. I would add media to the objects as normal, and then add a new object representation and add its relationship to each of the objects it is related to.