"Table ca_application_vars already exists; have you already installed CollectiveAccess?"

Still having problems.

ran the /install for the first time and received this message:

"Table ca_application_vars already exists; have you already installed CollectiveAccess?"

Where to begin troubleshooting this?

Comments

• It means you already have a database installed. The installer won't write over it. If you are absolutely sure there's no data you need in that database drop and recreate it.

• Thanks for responding, Seth.

So, I did make a MySQL database, as indicated here:

https://manual.collectiveaccess.org/providence/user/setup/installation.html#general-instructions

Does this error refer to another database elsewhere within the Providence directories?

• It refers to the database you have configured in setup.php. The message indicates that there's already CollectiveAccess data loaded into that database, and the installer won't overwrite it by design. Have you installed CollectiveAccess on this machine previously? If so, it's likely from that previous install.

• edited November 22

This is my first attempt at installing. I did have to overwrite some files, for some reason my connection kept timing out.

So I deleted the database:

Fatal error: Uncaught DatabaseException: Access denied for user 'notten_AdminRaisonne'@'localhost' to database 'notten_raisonne' in /home/notten/public_html/arkivo/app/lib/Db/mysqli.php:144 Stack trace: #0 /home/notten/public_html/arkivo/app/lib/Db.php(134): Db_mysqli->connect(Object(Db), Array) #1 /home/notten/public_html/arkivo/app/lib/Db.php(108): Db->connect(Array) #2 /home/notten/public_html/arkivo/app/lib/ConfigurationCheck.php(104): Db->__construct() #3 /home/notten/public_html/arkivo/install/inc/page1.php(44): ConfigurationCheck::performInstall() #4 /home/notten/public_html/arkivo/install/index.php(148): require_once('/home/notten/...') #5 {main} thrown in /home/notten/public_html/arkivo/app/lib/Db/mysqli.php on line 144

Should I update setup.php to not have that DB info?

• edited November 22

Or just make a new datase and populate that info on an updated setup.php?

• You could do that.