Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Welcome to the CollectiveAccess support forum! Here the developers and community answer questions related to use of the software. Please include the following information in every new issue posted here:

1. Version of the software that is used, along with browser and version

2. If the issue pertains to Providence, Pawtucket or both

3. What steps you’ve taken to try to resolve the issue

4. Screenshots demonstrating the issue

5. The relevant sections of your installation profile or configuration including the codes and settings defined for your local elements.

If your question pertains to data import or export, please also include:

1. Data sample

2. Your mapping

Answers may be delayed for posts that do not include sufficient information.

referring to application plugin graphics, JS and CSS files in views

I'm creating an application plugin for Providence 1.1 to import multiple files selected with a file selection dialog or through drag and drop, using a jQuery library for file upload (http://blueimp.github.com/jQuery-File-Upload/).

I'd like to know whether it is possible for the view to refer to graphics, JS libs, and CSS files stored in my plugin directory, or if these must be stored in a top level folder. The wiki documentation hints it is possible with the graphics directory, but there doesn't seem to be an example of how to do this. The plugin URLs are handled by the ActionController, which returns an error for requests that can't be dispatched.

Comments

• It's possible - just generate the URLs properly. If your plugin is called uploader then the url for a graphic would be something like "/app/plugins/uploader/graphics/..."

The only urls handled by the ActionController are those that are dispatched to method invocations. Graphics, CSS, JS and other static resources can be referenced using plain old URLs.
  • Thanks for the tip, it works great now.
  • Hi , I'm wondering if the plugin is available? I'm trying to integrate with jQuery-File-Upload with CA.  Any suggestions or pointers will be appreciated.  Thanks.