Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Welcome to the CollectiveAccess support forum! Here the developers and community answer questions related to use of the software. Please include the following information in every new issue posted here:

1. Version of the software that is used, along with browser and version

2. If the issue pertains to Providence, Pawtucket or both

3. What steps you’ve taken to try to resolve the issue

4. Screenshots demonstrating the issue

5. The relevant sections of your installation profile or configuration including the codes and settings defined for your local elements.

If your question pertains to data import or export, please also include:

1. Data sample

2. Your mapping

Answers may be delayed for posts that do not include sufficient information.

Advanced Search for objects from entities, relateds to a place.

Hi there!

Knowing that I can build an advanced search form for Objects using metadata elements from Entity (for example, to look for objects related to entities named "john" I can call for a {{{ca_entities.preffered_labels}}} element in my Object search form), is there any way to look for Objects related to entities related to a place? Example, list objects with preffered_label "letters*" from entities from Canada.

Thanks! 

Comments

• There are multiple ways to do that but I'd use a "relative_to" browse, I think. You can configure a browse facet to be "relative_to" something other than the main subject table. In you case, you'd create an place authority facet "Entities from" relative to ca_entities in your ca_objects browse config. Then you can combine your search for "letters*" or whatever and restrict by place with a few clicks.

More info on the browse config, including a paragraph on relative_to, is here: http://docs.collectiveaccess.org/wiki/Browse.conf