Ubuntu 16.0.4.3 LTS
PHP Version 7.0.15
mysqli plugin installled
mysqlnd 5.0.12-dev - 20150407

DB-type is set to mysqli
define("CA_DB_TYPE", 'mysqli');

Did this:
bin/caUtils do-configuration-check

PHP Fatal error: Uncaught DatabaseException: Your PHP installation lacks MySQL support. Please add it and retry... in /opt/lampp/htdocs/providence/app/lib/core/Db/mysqli.php:132
Stack trace:

0 /opt/lampp/htdocs/providence/app/lib/core/Db.php(143): Db_mysqli->connect(Object(Db), Array)

1 /opt/lampp/htdocs/providence/app/lib/core/Db.php(117): Db->connect(Array)

2 /opt/lampp/htdocs/providence/app/lib/ca/ConfigurationCheck.php(82): Db->__construct()

3 /opt/lampp/htdocs/providence/app/lib/ca/Utils/CLIUtils.php(2907): ConfigurationCheck::performExpensive()

4 /opt/lampp/htdocs/providence/support/bin/caUtils(167): CLIUtils::do_configuration_check(Object(Zend_Console_Getopt))

thrown in /opt/lampp/htdocs/providence/app/lib/core/Db/mysqli.php on line 132

My installation works fine but I am unable to use caUtils for anything

Please help

Comments

• edited November 2018

This was fixed for me by updating php-msql

and the setting of 'localhost' to '127.0.0.1' in setup.php:

if (!defined("CA_DB_HOST")) {
    define("CA_DB_HOST", '127.0.0.1');

which presumably forced a TCP connection instead of through sockets

• You're command-line install of PHP doesn't have the mysql extension installed. Is it a different version (and/or install) of PHP than that which is running with your web server?

• edited November 2018

I am not totally sure what I had before updating with the cmd-line install. It came with the XAMPP installation. PHP-info showed the msqli-extension present before and after the update, but the update came with three new items. PHP is the same as before: PHP Version 7.0.15

Anyway it wasn't enough. I also had to change localhost to 127.0.0.1 for caUtils to work. The Ubuntu 16.04 is a virtualbox on a bridged network to a windows host

Buy the way: can you recommend any LAMPP package for production use?

• No, they all have problems. The best thing to do is run a real installation on a Linux or Mac OS X machine, or run Linux in VirtualBox.