Relation Editor for an Entity shows up blank (last update)

witwit
edited June 2019 in General Support

Hello Team!

First: Thank you for the April update, which completely eliminated the token bug. We suffered a lot from it.

After this update, we had to modify many configurations again. Everything, except one last thing, is found and fixed.

Problem: After the April update, our relation editor no longer displays any content.

Description: After establishing a relationship between an entity and an object, we use a relationship editor to define additional information for that relationship. We're reaching this editor window via the small clip symbol behind the name of the object/entity in the relationship screen (see first screenshot).

Concrete example: We have a film as an object and a human being as an entity. After establishing the relationship, we define which role the human being has in the film. For example, he is a director, actor or writer etc.

This editor window will only be displayed blank (see second screenshot) after the April update.

Have you any idea, where I can find the responsive setting?

Kind regards,
Chris

Comments

• We haven't seen any regressions like this in the systems we test with or support. My first guess would be to check the type restrictions on the editor configuration.

• witwit
    edited June 2019

Hello seth,

I'm pretty sure the cause is in the configuration files.

The relationship editors worked flawlessly until April for nearly a year (we've included every patch in the time). In the April patch, many customizations were overridden. While I managed to restore all the other stuff, I can not remember which was the related setting file and the configuration setting for relationship editors.

To rule out other causes:

1. overview

2. the related "hasagent" ui

3. the screen from the "hasagent" ui

Can you point me to the right configuration file?

Thank you in advance!

• When you save "overridden" what do you mean? Did you overwrite a configuration file?

• To be clear: No configuration "in" collective access (as admin in the web-ui) was overridden.

• Hi Team,

the update from April '19 wanted to override the following files:

error: Your local changes to the following files would be overwritten by merge:
    app/conf/app.conf
    app/conf/browse.conf
    app/conf/global.conf
    app/conf/navigation.conf
    app/plugins/prepopulate/conf/prepopulate.conf

I took a backup (in files (copy the folder) and container (copy the lxc machine). Then I compared the files and transferred or adapted the necessary changes for the functionality.

After I did this, the relationship editor ui is blank. This is a heavy problem :-/
    Do you have any idea?

• witwit
    edited June 2019

Steps to reproduce from admin perspective

Administration > Relationship Types:
    * Add zz_TestUI under object <-> entity relationships without any further settings

Administration > Metadata Elements:
    * Add Container zz_TestUI_Container
    * Bind attribute to: object <-> entity relationships and choose zz_TestUI
    * check include subtypes
    * Create subelement: zz_TestUI_Container_Sub as Datatype text without any further settings

Administration > User Interfaces:
    *Create new UI _zz_TestUI_
    * Type restrictions: _zz_TestUI_
    * Is system UI?: Yes
    * Screens: Basic with Element _zz_TestUI_Container_ from Object <-> entity relationship (no further settings)

and from User perspective:
    * Then Ive created a new object and a new entity (personal)
    * Ive linked them via relationships screen and have choosen the created zz_TestUI relation type
    * Now I want to access the Relation Editor via the small paperclip symbol and the quick edit window is showing up (as an overlay)

Expected: There has to be my container with the textbox-element from above. But it is blank.

• i can confirm the issue
    it worked fine with 1.7.6 but fails on 1.7.8 with the following error:

[Wed Oct 02 21:02:35.306145 2019] [:error] [pid 2738] [client 10.10.201.10:49996] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function getParameter() on null in /var/www/html/providence/app/lib/ResultContext.php:617\nStack trace:\n#0 /var/www/html/providence/app/lib/BaseInterstitialController.php(127): ResultContext->getParameter('ca_objects_x_en...')\n#1 /var/www/html/providence/app/lib/Controller/RequestDispatcher.php(273): BaseInterstitialController->Form(NULL)\n#2 /var/www/html/providence/app/lib/Controller/AppController.php(113): RequestDispatcher->dispatch(Array)\n#3 /var/www/html/providence/index.php(120): AppController->dispatch(true)\n#4 {main}\n thrown in /var/www/html/providence/app/lib/ResultContext.php on line 617, referer: http://XXXXXXXXXXX/providence/index.php/editor/entities/EntityEditor/Save/Screen49/entity_id/1

• some additional details:
    :/var/www/html/providence# cat /etc/lsb-release
    DISTRIB_ID=Ubuntu
    DISTRIB_RELEASE=16.04
    DISTRIB_CODENAME=xenial
    DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION="Ubuntu 16.04.5 LTS"
    :/var/www/html/providence# dpkg -l mysql-server
    Desired=Unknown/Install/Remove/Purge/Hold
    | Status=Not/Inst/Conf-files/Unpacked/halF-conf/Half-inst/trig-aWait/Trig-pend
    |/ Err?=(none)/Reinst-required (Status,Err: uppercase=bad)
    ||/ Name Version Architecture Description
    +++-=========================================================================-=========================================-=========================================-========================================================================================================================================================
    ii mysql-server 5.7.27-0ubuntu0.16.04.1 all MySQL database server (metapackage depending on the latest version)
    :/var/www/html/providence# dpkg -l apache2
    +++-=========================================================================-=========================================-=========================================-========================================================================================================================================================
    ii apache2 2.4.18-2ubuntu3.13 amd64 Apache HTTP Server
    :/var/www/html/providence# dpkg -l php7.0
    ii php7.0 7.0.33-0ubuntu0.16.04.6 all server-side, HTML-embedded scripting language (metapackage)

• Try using the code in the Github develop branch in https://github.com/collectiveaccess/providence/tree/develop. This issue should be resolved in that branch.

• Hi @seth,

we followed your suggestion and implemented the develop-branch https://github.com/collectiveaccess/providence/tree/develop (1.7.8-develop) and we can confirm that the issue is resolved. Thanks!

Kind regards. :-)