Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Welcome to the CollectiveAccess support forum! Here the developers and community answer questions related to use of the software. Please include the following information in every new issue posted here:

1. Version of the software that is used, along with browser and version

2. If the issue pertains to Providence, Pawtucket or both

3. What steps you’ve taken to try to resolve the issue

4. Screenshots demonstrating the issue

5. The relevant sections of your installation profile or configuration including the codes and settings defined for your local elements.

If your question pertains to data import or export, please also include:

1. Data sample

2. Your mapping

Answers may be delayed for posts that do not include sufficient information.

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". PHP 7.4.1 on XAMPP (Windows)

Hello,

Since I've updated to PHP 7.4.1, I am seeing this warning (from the very first screen, http://myurl.test/providence/install):

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in C:\xampp\htdocs\providence\app\helpers\utilityHelpers.php on line 3883
Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in C:\xampp\htdocs\providence\app\lib\BaseModel.php on line 3576
Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in C:\xampp\htdocs\providence\app\lib\Search\SearchIndexer.php on line 1586
Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in C:\xampp\htdocs\providence\app\lib\BundlableLabelableBaseModelWithAttributes.php on line 3433
Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in C:\xampp\htdocs\providence\app\lib\BundlableLabelableBaseModelWithAttributes.php on line 3736
Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in C:\xampp\htdocs\providence\app\lib\BundlableLabelableBaseModelWithAttributes.php on line 3880
Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in C:\xampp\htdocs\providence\app\lib\BundlableLabelableBaseModelWithAttributes.php on line 4831
Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in C:\xampp\htdocs\providence\app\lib\LabelableBaseModelWithAttributes.php on line 890
Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in C:\xampp\htdocs\providence\app\lib\Attributes\Values\ListAttributeValue.php on line 545
Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in C:\xampp\htdocs\providence\app\lib\Zend\Feed\Entry\Atom.php on line 104
Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in C:\xampp\htdocs\providence\app\lib\ModelSettings.php on line 126
Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in C:\xampp\htdocs\providence\app\lib\Parsers\DisplayTemplateParser.php on line 537
Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in C:\xampp\htdocs\providence\app\helpers\searchHelpers.php on line 692
Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in C:\xampp\htdocs\providence\app\helpers\searchHelpers.php on line 734

The installation instruction suggests disabling public error printing for production anyway, and the only forum post I could find on this (in French) recommended the same thing.
I would like to confirm whether this would be preferred solution, and whether this is going to be fixed in the future.

I am using PHP 7.4.1 on XAMPP 3.2.4 on Windows 7. All dependencies are fulfilled.
I have seen posts relating to similar issues online, suggesting to update Composer to the latest version (1.9.2 at the time of writing). Tried that just in case, to no avail. Perhaps I would need to tell Composer to update the libraries inside the Providence directory, if that's a thing anyway? This is above my current expertise, so any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Comments

• Hi,

The develop branch deals with this issue, which first popped up in PHP 7.3. If you want to pull code from the develop branch on GitHub it should resolve this. Note that we haven't tested with PHP 7.4 just yet, but intend to do so in the next few weeks.

seth

• Hi,
    I experienced the same running PHP V7.4.3 under Ubuntu 20.04. They show up as "warnings." Does the code need to be changed to "continue 2" or is the code functionally fine as is?
    Thanks, George

• It's the same issue. It is fixed in current develop code, but the old code should work fine too. You can just disable warnings for now, or switch to develop code.

• Thanks, George